You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

Re: Chinese Democracy Voted Classic Rock Magazine Album Of The Year 2007!

jonesy wrote:

Hey dudes,

Today I got my Classic Rock mag through subscription. Its the end of the year edition containing the best 50 albums of the year.

Chinese Democracy wins The Classic Rock Album Of The Year "as chosen by classic rock critics" !!!

Its a good article, talking about how even though the album is not released yet the 7 songs shows how Axl is "Articulate, passionate, ambitious - seemingly intent on building something epic and grand: genuine 21st-century rock music."

Go get a copy of Classic Rock!

Way cool.
cool

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That magazine just lost all credibility. Way too many albums came out this year to pick an album thats not even released.

That would be like Smile winning album of the year in the 90's.

I think its awesome the leaks were so highly rated by that mag smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I think its awesome the leaks were so highly rated by that mag smile

I have nothing against a magazine raving on the leaks, but when they pass up a shitload of bands that actually released albums to give some unreleased demos the album of the year award, its taking things too far.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Ridiculous... for one, half the leaks happened in '06... I used to like Classic Rock magazine, but this is just stupidity.  Why not pick a real album?

Think about the interest in GNR, all those that say interest is dwindling, I don't know about that.

Voting CD a classic by a reputable magazine and it's not even released yet, I'd say not too shabby!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's beyond shabby.  It's pathetic.  All this does is further point out the stupidity off all of this.  It's a backhanded compliment.

It may be rediculous but it's going to generate interest and it shows that a reputable mag has enough of a love for the leaked songs to make this "album" album of the year.   It's crazy and I am sure Axl is laughing at this but it keep CD in the media.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

It may be rediculous but it's going to generate interest and it shows that a reputable mag has enough of a love for the leaked songs to make this "album" album of the year.   It's crazy and I am sure Axl is laughing at this but it keep CD in the media.

I see that as a problem... the longer the leaks are in the media, the longer Axl and co. can go with out releasing the album.  As long as people are promoting the material, the longer they can tour on old classics and a few new "unofficially" released songs.  They'll never release the album as long as these things happen.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer