You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: RB2 cracked? mogg available?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah i would enjoy playing with them because I enjoy audio stuff in general...but I doubt i'd find a fan mix overall superior to the CD versions...but that's just me.

Are other fanbases like this? Like with the hoarding? or is it just GNR?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its a personality thing rather than a fanbase thing. You get sad little men who raid nests of endangered and rare birds to steal the eggs, but they cant do anything with them like put them on display at home or tell people about them because its illegal and immoral.
What police often find when they raid houses of suspects is stashes of eggs packed away in shoeboxes under the bed or in cupboards, somewhere out of site generally, all the thief does is gloat over his prize in private and secrecy.
These kind of folk remind me of hoarders.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

gavgnr wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

he said after i told him he asks too much and someone else will release them for free:

"these moggs will never be released,
not unless a high up employee of Harmonix decides to risk getting sued and jail time, in order to release the specific tools that are used to encrypt and decrypt mogg files, not to mention having the right knowledge on how to even use those tools"

obvious troll is obvious :3

Did the guy say what he wanted in exchange for the moggs?

Does he have something in mind?

If it's cash I wouldn't mind chipping in to a fund to get these moggs, so long as proper proof is given.

ya the VMA rehearsal.

a few dozen people have this but they cannot release it yet. and if someone releases it before its agreed upon he will get all the heat, lulz.

then u can say, well just torrent it, upload using a keyless wifi outside and no one will know. well, greedy people has it like this mogg fag :B

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Just found this on another site, apparantly this info was out just yesterday.

http://www.wadder.net/rawksd/

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

That's just to make your own custom songs in an alternate (non rockband native format). They still haven't cracked harmonix' audio encryption method, so this is of no use for official content.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I can't believe the hype that's been around that VMA performance all these years.

Oooh, the VMA rehearsal footage... big freakin' deal.

I'd be FAR more impressed if some pro-shot shows from 2002 or 2006-07 started leaking.

In fact, one show that'd grab my attention, is if someone had a pro-shot of that HOB show in LATE 2001. Not much is known of that show, but it happened.

The point is, these hoarders hold on to stuff, and in reality... they don't really have anything all that interesting.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

In fact, one show that'd grab my attention, is if someone had a pro-shot of that HOB show in LATE 2001. Not much is known of that show, but it happened.

Is that the second Vegas show i.e. the one after the failed European tour.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I can't believe the hype that's been around that VMA performance all these years.

Now there's something we agree on. I'd watch it for curiosity but realisticly what are we expecting from it:

(A) It's a rehearsal so the band isn't going to be feeding of the live energy of the crowd.

(B) If they rehearse what they played on the night it's not even full songs.

(C) The final peformance was exciting for the comeback factor, but musically was not the finest performance of the band, so why a rehearsal would be killer is odd.

(D) We now have full boots from tours of the new band, and the actual album we'd waited for, so the mystique and mystry isn't around like it once was.

(E) The video is from the time period that features Fink looking like an alien and his playing in that vintage is of a lesser standard than his subsequent peformances. It's taste - some like him or dislike him overall, but judged against himself even to me in 06 Fink looked and sounded 100 times better than at VMAs.

(F) Axl in that time period apperared to be having either vocal difficultites or was trying something new. He didn't appear to have his usual amazing voice control, breathing control and rasp abilities. He was also dressing in the gangster rap style that to my taste doesn't suit him as much as his subsequent looks. Both of these issues are fixed in more recent peformances.

So in short...it's GNR which makes it inherently interesting and worth a watch to us fans....but out of all the potential GNR stuff in the world...is this really the GNR vid we want to wet ourselves over? Not to me!

Now people with unreleased chinese democracy era tracks...that's the kind of shit you can do deals over...but hording a *reharsal* of a questionable peformance from a line up with several members in questionable form at the time...well...ok...if that's what floats your boat.

Board footer