You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

Re: Buckethead - Michael Jackson Tribute

bucketfan wrote:

I knew this was coming, it was only a matter of time.

http://bucketheadland.com/

edit: link to download the song

http://www.4shared.com/file/116927739/f … eacon.html

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That's a really good song. I was actually expecting an EP or a full length album at some point. Might still happen I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks out some MJ covers on his next tour, at least a medley of sorts.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Ooh. Not that I'm begrudging a free tribute song, but it does sound a bit like he had a song knocking around in a back drawer somewhere and stuck it up on his site, though - it's not very MJ-ish, is it?

Anyway, hope someone tabs it soon, I need some new acoustic tracks to work on...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

He just released A Diamond in the Rough with Return of Captain EO, so the timing of his death for Bucket is eerie. Haven't heard the song and can't on my Blackberry. Later.

I too wouldn't be surprised if a whole album dedicated to MJ is in the works. I mean, if you dedicate an album to Stan Diamond, certainly MJ warrants one when he is one of 3 (MJ, Jordan and Disney?) influences listed on your Web site.

Bucket has done Human Nature live with Monti on vocals, it's not half-bad. Not sure if he'll do more. His live tributes are generally low-key (Eruption cover, Hendrix), so I wouldn't expect too much, if any.

Can't wait to hear the song.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

but it does sound a bit like he had a song knocking around in a back drawer somewhere and stuck it up on his site

I can guarantee you this isn't the case. 

There's some raw emotion on this track, MJ was a huge influence to Bucket.

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:

cool track, and I agree with bucketfan, there is def some emotion there

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

This just might be one of the best, and most beautiful songs Bucket has ever composed.

VERY VERY good.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

You know, I don't really give that much of a shit about Michael Jackson at all(although I can respect what he accomplished), and I'm not a huge Buckethead fan(although I respect what he can do), but that song made me want to burst into tears a few times.

It is going to come close to replacing the Damned song "The Portrait" as the most depressing thing I've ever heard.

For the record I think that's a good thing.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This is one hell of a song, very emotional. The ending with the note that holds and fades, just incredible, like a life slowly being taken from us. Deeply moving, especially if you know how much Bucket really admired MJ.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

When I listened to it, I went to the same place that AIC's "Nutshell" took me.

It's that kind of vibe.

Board footer