You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: i'm back

Neemo wrote:

ultimately it'll be up to the individuals to download it or not...some can stay the course and resist...others will download. i was lucky enough to be able to resist when the last batch of leaks came out....i knew the album was coming and didnt wanna spoil the last little bit for myself...will i restrain myself this time? dunno, we'll have to wait and see...if Axl has legitimate plans to release more material, or to move forward with chinese democracy in a proper fashion, and he comes out and says so, i will lobby as hard as anyone not to spread leaks....but i doubt axl will take the initiative to act first, the attitude  around nugnr has always been reactive...not proactive

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

ultimately it'll be up to the individuals to download it or not...some can stay the course and resist...others will download. i was lucky enough to be able to resist when the last batch of leaks came out....i knew the album was coming and didnt wanna spoil the last little bit for myself...will i restrain myself this time? dunno, we'll have to wait and see...if Axl has legitimate plans to release more material, or to move forward with chinese democracy in a proper fashion, and he comes out and says so, i will lobby as hard as anyone not to spread leaks....but i doubt axl will take the initiative to act first, the attitude  around nugnr has always been reactive...not proactive

Good point, and this further illustrates the point I was making with the Shells example above.

Everyone knew she would unload that, and wouldn't wait ten years to do so. I think the point from the song surfacing to official release was about six months.

Had she twiddled her thumbs and said "don't know, don't care", that song would have leaked in three shakes of a lamb's tail without hesitation.

If he announced concrete plans and not pipe dreams about CD II, I would probably wait on listening to leaks as well. However, we know nothing's happening anytime soon, so I'll listen to whatever surfaces.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If he announced concrete plans and not pipe dreams about CD II, I would probably wait on listening to leaks as well. However, we know nothing's happening anytime soon, so I'll listen to whatever surfaces.

Yeah it's an interesting point that. I think it comes down to how much faith people have in the band actually releasing material. 

I can see Axl being hesistant to set a date though, because if he then misses that date it would set up a fresh round of hatred.

I have 100% faith in Axl's creative ability. In that, I'm pretty sure that whatever I do hear from him will be at a high standard, and impress me.

But I'd say I'm around 50/50 of faith in the "plans coming to fruition" scale. We all know that often with this band, plans that were made in the best of intentions for whatever reason don't end up happening.

Which makes it a tough choice. If we new for 100% sure that follow up albums would occur one day - I dont think anyone would download - but the element of doubt that something may prohibit it, whoever's fault, axl, law suits, band quitting, god, aliens, whatever stops it..., makes it pretty tempting to hear new songs at any chance.

For me its somewhat academic at least on a commerical level, as I will 100% purchase any GNR song that's released officially even if I downloaded it first in leak form. But i'm sure thats not the case with everybody.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

how bout this as a course of action of preventing leaks:

Don't play your songs at strip clubs.
Don't mail your demos to Mike Piazza.
Don't hand out cds to your boys in A7X, CKY, Baz, whoever.
Don't share your songs with your buddies in Brazil.

DO release material on a timely basis.
DO communicate with your fanbase.
DO present your band as a real band.
DO take shit seriously.

If you can't handle these simple items, don't bitch and moan when people download your shit. And for fans that bitch and moan that other fans download his shit, get over it.

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

how bout this as a course of action of preventing leaks:

Don't play your songs at strip clubs.
Don't mail your demos to Mike Piazza.
Don't hand out cds to your boys in A7X, CKY, Baz, whoever.
Don't share your songs with your buddies in Brazil.

DO release material on a timely basis.
DO communicate with your fanbase.
DO present your band as a real band.
DO take shit seriously.

If you can't handle these simple items, don't bitch and moan when people download your shit. And for fans that bitch and moan that other fans download his shit, get over it.

couldnt have put it better myself, i totally agree

too much of a distraction. too many dead ends. 58 minutes guys.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

me luv u long time...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

I'll take the bait, what happens in 58 minutes?  Besides me sleeping,,,,,, hopefully.

if someone can help me plz IM me on AOL

songsbymister

Board footer