You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Story about a fan talking with Axl

misterID wrote:

I can totally buy Axl saying this. Not only because its pretty known to us on the boards that Axl is very cool to people he meets and does actually talk, I can see this being his logic. CD is done. Hands washed. The only thing that would have taken them on the road for this album was a stadium tour with Van Halen, which would have been a complete disaster.  And I do believe that tour was in the works.

Do a fresh start with a new album.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I'm almost happy its not true.  I'm sorry to say this, but I dont think I can go through another CD saga.

Baggio
 Rep: 1 

Baggio wrote:

I really don't want to see Buckethead's parts replaced on the next album. I know he is not in the band anymore etc etc but his playing is beyond words. I am not sure what the general feeling on Buckethead is on this forum, haven't been around all that long to gage. I for one, am a huge fan.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Bucket is one of the best guitarists in the world, anyone knocking his talent and contribution to GNR is nothing more than a fool.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can totally buy Axl saying this. Not only because its pretty known to us on the boards that Axl is very cool to people he meets and does actually talk, I can see this being his logic. CD is done. Hands washed. The only thing that would have taken them on the road for this album was a stadium tour with Van Halen, which would have been a complete disaster.  And I do believe that tour was in the works.

Do a fresh start with a new album.

Ya that's what I think. Now that CD is out of the way any legal stuff surrounding it any stigma in the media and fan base around it will only be continued with another tour. EVERY attempt at Chinese Democracy tour has Failed. The name Chinese Democracy is synonymous with hard ship and ultimately failure (EXCEPT in the Case of the actual album itself but the media and large portion of the "fans" don't actually give a shit about the quality of the Music and focus on the B.S)

They cant realisticaly have a CD tour anyway having already had 3!!  BUT they did recruit DJ Ashba so they do intend to continue as a Band. In my hopefull opinion Ashba was brought in to Redo some Finck on Record number 2 ! ( the man is already selling himself as a gnr member in his official media items) I think thats the plan lay CD to rest launch into Album 2 with the promotion that you would expect of GNR followed with the World Tour

The release of CD should have closed the book on that negativity related to it. Why linger? Why not move on release album 2 as soon as possible. The whole fact that its not called Chinese Democracy means that this album has a much better chance of success. The fans will be happy that a new album came so fast, the media will also be positive on that front, the record company would of course be positive about any big name releasing on their label especially so soon after Chinese dropped. No one is even expecting another release. It would create faith in GNR once more to do a quick release.

Imagine switching on your tv and flickin through stations to come across a video for some new gnr song so soon after CD that is not on CD but a release from a new album. Then you spot DJ soloing actually having the same visual presence of an old era gnr member with the technical ability of a new era gnr member.

Don't for one minute underestimate Ashba that would be a huge mistake. He is an amazing ASSET. Bucket would be easily coming first on the Leader-board for Major League Guitar players. I'd put Ashba on a respectable 5th. That's still a huge talent and he still has time to improve. On the Hardcore GNR Image Leader-board Id put Ashba a number 6 (first 5 positions filled by all of the original line-up). Id put bucket a respectable 118 just after the more technically skilled guitarists of the Emperor Penguin colonies of the South pole.( Dj seems to be consistent here).

That's what Ashba is NU-GNR high level of talent (and tech skill) mixed with the Old GNR's Visual presence (and same attitude if you ever came across an interview with him)

Album Number 2 from this era could be the huge success that Chinese Democracy should have been. Even if this meeting is made up (which it very well could be) all signs seem to point to the fact that Axl and GNR have closed the Book on CD and are moving on. No Video for Better No Chinese Democracy tour no more singles. BUT they decide to recruit a new Guitarist and train him in so to speak with rehearsal time.  (We don't know what songs they were even rehearsing it could have been some rehearsals with DJ to bring him up to speed before he went into the studio That's massive speculation on my part, they didn't have time to do that with Bumble really as he was added at the last second)
Excuse the pun but I thin k they realise that touring and pushing CD was beating a dead horse.

Album Delivered more contractual obligations met time to move on and actually create something with less baggage that can be a big success. If you think about even the track-list For Chinese democracy it was all songs that we had heard with a few extras thrown in. That wreaks of fulfilling obligations to clear the slate and get it all out of the way without giving away any surprises for album number 2

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Heres a story from a not so legit source smile about a convo with Axl and a fan at an airport. It seems to hammer home the Idea I been pushing that CD was released to clear the books and DJ is recording parts for the next GNR CD to be released A.S.A.P now that this Chinese Democracy legal and media fiasco is over.

Copy and Paste Job follows-

Axl breaks silence with a fan

Well I live in New York. I am mega fan of Guns n 'Roses, and is also my cousin Richard. He works as executive and travel a lot. Well, I believe in my cousin. He said he found Axl at the airport in California, with Beta. And with a bit of fear, came close to saying how much admired the new work and why not the band went on tour.

He said axl was very kind and polite and said that the tour of the new cd already happened in 2006/2007 and nobody noticed it. The only thing missing was to launch the CD and this was done now. So the band now rehearsing with DJ Ashba the new songs for the next CD.

Well, I believe in my cousin and no one can blame me for that. If he lies, i will kill him. But I think this information makes sense, because why not Guns out on tour and is in silence?. I would like to know the your opinion.

Source: http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=42542.0

back to square one.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Fuck it heres why ashba is great  I think a lot of you guys will like the first vid

Imagine JORDAN Vs MR.BROWNSTONE    from bucket and Gnr

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

From Mygnr:

I big GN'R fans, but I don't check this international boards with frequence, but today I say something(or someone) that I think could be interestinf for you.Yeah, I think I saw Axl Rose today, in the Manaus Militar ZOO, Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil.I doubt anybody believes this, but I have some reasons to believe that is really him.

I was sitted with my sister in the reasturant, I was using a Chinese Democracy shirt and drinking a coconut.Than an small lady, with gray hair(Beta?)passed by me, after came a beatiful tall black haired lady(Axl's girlfriend?) and then...came a midtall guy(I mean...not that tall), with white shirt that covered his whole arms, black hat that covered his face and sunglasses.I could see that his hair was not that big, almost on his neck.
When he passed by me he said 'Nice shirt'.I said 'Thank you.Do you like Chinese Democracy?' than the guy said 'Not as much as I wanted to'.

And then he took the black hair beatiful lady and they all went away, but the guy that I think was Axl let his cellphone (a golden/yellow motorola D&G) fall.I took the phone and gave him, I was very close to him, and I think I saw throught the shirt, that Appetite for Destruction tatoo that he have in his right arm.In his left hand there was another cellphone, a HTC Touch Diamond.

What do you think? Real or just coincidences?

16 16 16 16 16

These fake sightings are hillarious.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Who knows. Who cares.

Frankly the more interesting ones, are when they claim they talked to him.

Board footer