You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Q&A with Bumblefoot

Gong wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I think if we have see GNR again a top hat will be involved. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not saying that because I'm in any way "pro-reunion" it's just what I think

6694_104552824213_701824213_1978201_4617631_n.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think this is just a normal dead period.

So true. And the normal reactions to the dead period.

I can't believe people haven't realized yet that Axl doesn't need a reason not to speak or not do shit (in public anyway) for years.

I don't see anything special about this period as opposed to all the other times.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think this is just a normal dead period.

So true. And the normal reactions to the dead period.

I can't believe people haven't realized yet that Axl doesn't need a reason not to speak or not do shit (in public anyway) for years.

I don't see anything special about this period as opposed to all the other times.

The only thing "special" about it is people now realize two things.....

1. No reason this scenario couldn't have played out like this in 2002(or any year)

2. It was all pipe dreams.

The album's release and how it was rolled out made the whole "wait" laughable. Seven extra years to bury Fortus in the mix, add Ron, and have Frank pound a drum? You could have released three albums and another GH while doing that. You also could have created proper liner notes in that time frame.

Now people know to have zero expectations and if anything happens, just enjoy it for whatever it is.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah I go back and forth with this.  On the one hand I think Robin's departure really hurt the potential with the albums release.  When your lead guitar player (or at least longest tenured guitarist) leaves just prior to releasing an album it makes it much more difficult to promote.  And before people start with the NIN comparisons, I don't think it was ever Axl's intention of conducting GNR the way Trent does NIN.  It might be the best option now, but I just don't think it was drawn up that way.

However, on the other hand, it's quite debatable whether Axl really wanted to release the album in 2008 or not.  Was it forced by the leaks?  Was it a leaks album?  Why the extra 5+ years (assuming no songs were post 2003) to add minor parts?

I agree this is just a dead period and nothing else.  But again, I don't think that was the plan.  Why add DJ to sit and wait?  Obviously he's now off doing his own thing, same with Ron and the others.  If anything was imminent I don't think the guys would be making these plans.  So it seems we're in the early stages of the dead period at that.  So get comfortable.

As a GNR fan (and I mean ALL things GNR related) it looked so promising back when VR released Libertad and Axl was out and about with Guns.  Now both bands are dead as can be, for now.  What happened?  (that's a rhetorical question)

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, what he said 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Karma to Ron, another Scraped fan! Thats his highlight on the album for me, I love the solo and I think it sounds the most natural of his work the album. It fits so well it is like its been there since the start. I just love the crunchy rhythm work going on behind it, it sounds mean as hell.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Karma to Ron, another Scraped fan! Thats his highlight on the album for me, I love the solo and I think it sounds the most natural of his work the album. It fits so well it is like its been there since the start. I just love the crunchy rhythm work going on behind it, it sounds mean as hell.

Me too.  I'd also love to see Scraped, Shackler's, and Sorry played live.  Right there with you Ron.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I'd never focused on the underneath part before...sounds cool...karma...

Board footer