You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Vince Neil: "Axl Rose Let His Fans Down"

Gong wrote:

Motley Crue's Vince Neil has slammed Axl Rose for letting the Guns N' Roses fans down.

GN'R's latest album, Chinese Democracy, the band's first since 1993's The Spaghetti Incident, failed to live up to the hype its 10 years in the making generated.

Neil tells the UK's The Sun that believes GN'R's loyal fans have finally grown sick of the band, thanks chiefly to Rose's failure to turn up to rehearsals and perform live shows.

"For [Chinese Democracy] to fail was pretty crazy after so many years of being recorded. Then the tour got cancelled," Vince is quoted as saying.

"A buddy of mine [presumably referring to current Guns N' Roses guitarist DJ Ashba, who also plays in Sixx: AM with Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx] went to go play guitar for him. They rehearsed for three months and Axl never once turned up. Rule number one: show up!

He's been doing that for many years. Finally I think the fans just went, 'Fuck it — can't do this anymore.'

You can't be a fan when you can't see the band."

Chinese Democracy, estimated to have cost around $13 million to make, had to settle for third place behind Kanye West and Taylor Swift on the US album chart when it was released in November last year.

Neil adds: "I heard one track and then it just disappeared off the radio. It was never talked about again."

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2 … -down.html
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh … n-him.html
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=125556

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

All true statements. Can't fault the guy here, although not exactly sure why he's talking about this. At least we know for certain that DJ has probably never met Axl.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yep. Obvious that Ashba has never actually dealt with Axl. At least that quickly nips the "Ashba is gonna take GNR to a new level" tripe in the bud before it got out of control.

Axl let his fans down? Name one decent Vince and/or Crue song released since Primal Scream. You cant. This guy has no room to talk. He tours, but forgets the words to entire sections of songs.

Oh well. Props to Vince for actually giving GNR fans a tidbit of info. Ashba was sort of a mystery figure in this equation. Not anymore.

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

I agree with Vince... Axl really kinda screwed himself...and he did it well before this year....the last year when things were all set up for him to make a name for himself (with the younger gen) was 2006. End 2006,no album,no axl...End gnr.

Im glad that someone can speak the truth about it.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

He does the meet n greets, they do the tour packages, they do the music videos and they actually play the shows and turn up on time. There's been a few good songs since Primal Scream and they actually offer quite a lot for their diehard Crue fans. A lot more than Axl does. Sure his form live is complete shit but he still has a lot more room to talk.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

However low I rate Vince, (pretty fuckin deep down there) he is right.  Thats all

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I have a slightly different perspective about this.

I'm not going to pretend its good news that the tour never happened or that the CD launch went down the way it did, but it's also kind of business as usual for GNR.

This sort of development is not new, Axl has always been running to his own timeframe, for example it's been said a few times by Steven and Slash that Axl was 2 months late to writing sessions for UYI. He's often started shows late. It's just how he does stuff for better or worse.

So i guess i'm not sure why this article has such an air of finality to it. I agree that it's shit nothing is happening, but the suggestion that everyone has said "fuck it, I can't do this anymore" I don't think is true...sure some people have....but in my opinion, just like people came back in 2006 after years of fuck all happening in public, when or if Axl returns in the future people will pay attention.

I also don't like the implication that Chinese Democracy was a let down as an album. It's legitimately one of my favourite albums. 

I'm not going to bash Vince as I enjoy motley crue intensly as well, Saints of LA is on pretty heavy rotation over at my house, along with Chinese Democracy, Black Ice and Death Magnetic.....but I think in this instance, while he's right to the extent that it sucks for fans when nothing happens, the conclusions he's drawn overall are not correct.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The Vince Neil statement is very interesting, since Ashba obviously supplied him the information. Three months worth of rehearsals with Ashba (roughly from February/March to May/June), with Axl not to be seen. To Axl's credit, this is not a shocking situation to anyone aside the newcomer; Ax credited Tommy for guiding the band through rehearsals back in Rock in Rio 3, and admitted in the HOB show to have sung his first set with the band no earlier than a few days prior. Axl was probably (or at least, hopefully) around for the auditions, but is known to skip routine rehearsals.

Apparently, Ashba also let out that a tour was scheduled for the summer and then canceled. So far, this is the first time someone within the band has admitted to this, albeit second-handedly. The question remains, why would Ashba in his right mind let out rather confidential issues surrounding the band to anyone outside the band (particularly Ax's well-known long-time opponent, Vince Neil), and why would Neil go out of his way to knowingly put his friend to a touchy situation by spilling the beans and plainly crediting Ashba as his source?

Frank's starting the first day of the rest of his life... I wonder if Ashba's doing the same.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer