You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Sorry

Olorin wrote:

So do you reckon Slash once said "Shut up and sing"? The way the line is extended makes me believe someone said it and Axl really wants the fact he remembers it to strike a chord with them.
I'm still not feeling the song, its the one I like the least on the album. When Axl reverts to his Illusions voice is golden though, I wish he used that voice more on the album, its such a tease.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well Axl did mention in the chats that Slash did say something along the lines of "Sing what I tell you on the songs that I tell you".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Well Axl did mention in the chats that Slash did say something along the lines of "Sing what I tell you on the songs that I tell you".

Yeah, pretty sure that was during his power play in the Snakepit era. What's funny about it is he actually had the upper hand in the situation at the time, which is probably what emboldened him.

Don't wanna sing? Fine, I'll assemble a group, record my own album, and tour while you do nothing.

That's exactly what he did.

The only thing Axl had to hold over Slash's head was the GNR name, and Slash called his bluff.

Would love to see what Axl could have done with some of those Snakepit songs. He initially rejected them, then wanted them brought back after it was too late. Axl really could have added his shine to Beggars and Hangers On, Good to Be Alive, and Neither Can I.

Funny how Axl said Fall to Pieces originates from that era. Crazy THAT song hung around so long.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...that line could be appropriate to a lot of situations...but i wouldn't be surprised if it related to the old band...i'm pretty sure they didn't always like what we'd call the stage 'rants' - just wanting to get out and play. Or it could be related to comments from people on these message boards, or the general public's expectations on him to get on with releasing CD or countless other things.

It's very sad what happened with snakepit1 and GNR.

I seriosuly think that guitar wise there is some absolutely killer shit on there, amongst slash's best stuff....i honestly think if Axl had wound up on that album (whichever version is true, be it that he didn't want to according to slash, or that slash didn't want any input from him according to axl) but regardless...if Axl was on that album, I think it could have got to a place where it rivalled AFD in the end.....the guitars are awesome...and it's pretty cool even as is, but with deeper Axl lyrics, and what he does with melodies and structures mixed in....it would have been fucking amazing.

I mean to be honest i think IFOCS is kickass anyway....but the idea of it as a full GNR record and not just a slash album really blows my mind.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I seriosuly think that guitar wise there is some absolutely killer shit on there, amongst slash's best stuff....i honestly think if Axl had wound up on that album (whichever version is true, be it that he didn't want to according to slash, or that slash didn't want any input from him according to axl) but regardless...if Axl was on that album, I think it could have got to a place where it rivalled AFD in the end.....the guitars are awesome...and it's pretty cool even as is, but with deeper Axl lyrics, and what he does with melodies and structures mixed in....it would have been fucking amazing.

I mean to be honest i think IFOCS is kickass anyway....but the idea of it as a full GNR record and not just a slash album really blows my mind.

Yeah, but realistically, how long would it have taken for Axl to add all his melodies and structures? 10 years? Would he want to add owl sounds, bubbles, and whistling, and maybe another rhythm guitar track 4 years in the making?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'd love to see an intro rant to "Sorry" like he used to do with "Double Talkin' Jive" back in the day.  He could dedicate it to someone different each night.  I'm sure there's a lot of people that would be worthy of the lyrics in his mind.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

lots of people coulda said that  to him though....any of his managers. any of the bandmates? didnt sorum document himself of saying somehting similar?

anyay i believe the online chats when he siad it was about a bunch of people and things... a big "fuck you" to everyone

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

lots of people coulda said that  to him though....any of his managers. any of the bandmates? didnt sorum document himself of saying somehting similar?

anyay i believe the online chats when he siad it was about a bunch of people and things... a big "fuck you" to everyone

Yeah I remember hearing that Sorum said that, or something to that effect.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:

Yeah, but realistically, how long would it have taken for Axl to add all his melodies and structures? 10 years? Would he want to add owl sounds, bubbles, and whistling, and maybe another rhythm guitar track 4 years in the making?

lol...Perhaps...but then the old band used to get stuff done with delays...but not as long...how long was UYI? A few years I think...but it could have been worse. I do think a lot of the problems with the new band stem from the line up changes.....like for a start...finding new people to replace the entire band....begining a whole new creative process in terms of working to make songs....then bucket leaving....plus i'd expect each of the problems probably caused some depression or a 'too hard basket' feelign for a while. Or at least that's how I'd respond. Don't get me wrong, I agree it would have taken a while, but I feel like if old GNR had still been friends, with a positive working relationship, and everyone contributing and enjoying the process and music, then like it could have happened within maybe a year or two i'd have thought.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer