You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Axl S wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Did I mention already how much "Heavenly Sword" & "Assassin's Creed" own everything on the X-Box 360... ?

Graphically and via Gameplay...:mosh:

Graphically the 360 and PS3 versions are the exact same. The 360 version has rumble, but the PS3 version has tilting. Also Heavenly Sword beats 360 games gameplay wise:haha: It's just a basic hack and slash kinda game where you mash the buttons. Games like Gears of War, Dead Rising, Call of Duty 4 (although that's multi-platform) have better gameplay than Heavenly Sword.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Assassins Creed is probably by far one of the best looking games out right now.

Assassin's Creed definitely kicks ass.

I have to put in a very strong vote for Portal.  Amazing game.  Great concept, fun gameplay with fairly challenging puzzles, and one fo the funniest games I've seen in a long time (the dark/dry humor is right up my alley).  In my opinion, this game alone makes Valve's Orange Box a worthwhile purchase. 

The only thing bad I can say about this game is that it's a bit short.  But the fact that it makes you want more is just further proof of how good it is.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

6tf8pyc.jpg

The cake is a lie.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

What??

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

Sorry James, its an inside joke for the game Portal.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i got Zelda for the wii last night, havent tried it yet though, I gotta beat mario first, I'm 26 stars into it, such a great game!

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I just picked up an Xbox 360 Arcade console and Call of Duty 4 today. The Xbox has awesome graphics. I've been holding out on getting a next-gen system for awhile now because of money and other reasons. The Arcade bundle is a great choice for anyone that are just testing the waters in the next-gen world. The 256mb memory card that it comes with is plenty of room to save a few games on. Call of Duty only takes up 4mb. I haven't tried Live yet because I didn't buy a subscription card yet or connect the system to the internet.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Neemo wrote:

i got Zelda for the wii last night, havent tried it yet though, I gotta beat mario first, I'm 26 stars into it, such a great game!

I beat Zelda last week after a year Hiatus.  It is a great game, but nothing can hold a candle to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  I've heard that Super Mario Galaxy has dethroned the aforementioned as the greatest game of all time, but I wasn't impressed with Mario 64 so I'm holding off on trying the only real Mario game since then.

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

PS2 Still Most Popular Console
Other systems aren't being played as much as Sony's seven-year-old beast.
by Daemon Hatfield

December 12, 2007 - The Nielsen Company has released several top ten lists for 2007 that reveal a variety of consumer trends related to media and technology. Among them is Videogame Console Usage from April to November that shows the PlayStation 2 is still enjoying the most use among consoles.

Nielsen measured the total amount of minutes its participants spent playing videogames, then divided those minutes between all current- and last-gen consoles. The PS2 obliterated the competition, claiming over 42 percent of all usage time. For each of the big three platforms, their last-gen predecessors saw more use than current systems. Here's how each console ranked:

Videogame Console Usage (April-November 2007)
1. PS2 - 42.2% of usage minutes
2. Xbox - 13.9
3. Xbox 360 - 11.8
4. GameCube - 7.1
5. Wii - 5.5
6. PS3 - 2.5
7. Other - 17.1

"Other" consists of any other console found in the home.

The data suggests that while the Wii has seen brisk sales this year, many of its purchasers don't play the console as often as those who bought a 360. It is also interesting to note the "other" category saw more use than the PS3, Wii, and GameCube combined.

Nielsen also revealed that Fresh Bread was the most popular consumer packaged good in 2007.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/841/841 … Sid=841157

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Tommie wrote:

PS2 Still Most Popular Console
Other systems aren't being played as much as Sony's seven-year-old beast.
by Daemon Hatfield

December 12, 2007 - The Nielsen Company has released several top ten lists for 2007 that reveal a variety of consumer trends related to media and technology. Among them is Videogame Console Usage from April to November that shows the PlayStation 2 is still enjoying the most use among consoles.

Nielsen measured the total amount of minutes its participants spent playing videogames, then divided those minutes between all current- and last-gen consoles. The PS2 obliterated the competition, claiming over 42 percent of all usage time. For each of the big three platforms, their last-gen predecessors saw more use than current systems. Here's how each console ranked:

Videogame Console Usage (April-November 2007)
1. PS2 - 42.2% of usage minutes
2. Xbox - 13.9
3. Xbox 360 - 11.8
4. GameCube - 7.1
5. Wii - 5.5
6. PS3 - 2.5
7. Other - 17.1

"Other" consists of any other console found in the home.

The data suggests that while the Wii has seen brisk sales this year, many of its purchasers don't play the console as often as those who bought a 360. It is also interesting to note the "other" category saw more use than the PS3, Wii, and GameCube combined.

Nielsen also revealed that Fresh Bread was the most popular consumer packaged good in 2007.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/841/841 … Sid=841157

My theory on that is that it makes sense for the same reason I got a PS2 instead of an Xbox years ago.  You seem to be able to get more games for cheaper with the PS2.  So rather than playing the two or three games you've bought for the new system, people are playing from the pile of $20 PS2 games they've amassed over the years.

Board footer