You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Some more interesting points in Slash's book that I never knew about

russtcb wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

and this is just one thing we can prove is a lie because we have video footage.   why didn't he bother to check the video footage?   what else in this book is inaccurate bullshit?   Really makes you wonder..

I totally agree with you. I mean, there's no way not to. That just isn't the way things went down. But remember the point people are making in this thread. This book is Slash's recollection of the events. If he really wanted to, I'm sure he could watch all sorts of footage that we'll probably never get to see and correct a ton of the book, but it's just written from memory.

still sucks that some people will read shit like that and pass it off as fact.   from the video footage it looks like Slash was behind Axl 100% in leaving the gig.

and i do know most of the people who don't think stuff like that is a big deal, "its just slash's recollection, not meant to be a history of GnR or anything"... if that account of the event had been written in a book written by someone other than Slash, they would be agreeing too.

I thought his reasoning for writing the book was "setting the record straight"  .. its impossible to take seriously, IMO.

for anyone interested in seeing what Duff thinks, go to the 8:52 mark

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pd6rYXntac4

I mean I'm sure the book is a good read, but theres no way you can't take the stuff in it with a grain of salt.  Definitely no "setting the record straight".

AtariLegend wrote:

thinks, go to the 8:22 mark

Question: Have you read Slash's book?
Duff: I Have
Question: what you think about it?
Duff: I think he's got a worse memory than I do.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Deniz
 Rep: 1 

Deniz wrote:

Oh c'mon guys, Duff was just joking around with that 11 year old reporter, you can't take that seriously.

That st. louis incident isn't a big deal. I mean everyone always blamed that all on Axl anyway, i don't think Slash lied to look like the good guy, cause he didn't have to.

And now we have ppl with their first posts on other forums claiming they knew Slash, mentioned in the book and think the book is full of bs. To me, this ''hate Slash, slander his book'' campaign i see in some forums is getting really ridiculous.

The book is awesome, the only thing that bothers me is that it reveals to much about other ppls personal buisness. Morally, i don't think Slash had the right to do that.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

here are some reasons as to why you should read this book:

1. its slash. meaning that its the only personal account of the whole gnr saga we have published. that alone should make you buy it.

2. you know enough about gnr by now to be able to easily sift through crap, and decide for yourself what's what, so you won't be influenced negatively by it. incidents like the rocket queen one mentioned above are easy to spot.

3. it does provide some good insight into times of gnr we had very little info on, such as izzy's departure, del james' history, that period when he was experimenting with paul huge, dave navarro and zakk wylde. there isn't too much info on that out there, so it was another perspective on that.

4. if you're a VR fan, it explains neatly the factors which lead to their formation, singers they went through, and how they eventually settled on Scott.

if those aren't enough, then you should read it because its a published piece on our favorite band. Same reason you should read Mick Wall's book, and Marc Canter's book and all those others out there.

90% of them are absolute crap and inaccurate, and hardly objective, and each and every one will tell you a different version of the same story, but you are educated enough to make up your own mind as to what is right and what isn't.

but they will have some little bits of info you didn't know anything about, and that makes them worth a read.

Anyway, back on topic, one thing which i didn't know much about, and was mentioned in the book, was how much of a cunt Matt Sorum really is. I assumed with all his dumbass comments recently about STP and earlier about Axl were just recent developments, but apparently during the UYI tour (which was when he was still a new member of the band)....he chased after Axl when he walked offstage and started shouting at him to get back and not to be an asshole.

i would have fired his ass right there and then.
If Izzy and Slash and Duff chose not to deal with Axl, who the fuck is this new guy, thinking he can talk that way to a man who pays his salary.....twat.

Also, the whole Steven Adler fiasco seemed hypocritical to me in Slash's book. They chose to get rid of him whilst hiding in the background shooting up shit in their veins, and basically letting this guy take the hit for a collective addiction.

Also, the way Slash spoke about Doug Goldstein was interesting to me as well, basically calling him a two faced slime ass leech, and saying that he didn't like him much overall, but yet never complained about him.

and there are lots more little tidbits, i'll get to them eventually.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

from the video footage it looks like Slash was behind Axl 100% in leaving the gig.

of course he was because GnR was a collective whole...not individuals, they always stuck up for each other...then things changed...same with OIAM, slash kinda deferred that song like he agreed with the content, only later did we find out that it really hurt him, then we all know how  the SFTD thing played out, Axl, it seems, has always taken a foot when given an inch by slash, sadly enough that incident was finally enough

and in the st louis vid it looks edited...it jumps to a differnet camera anyway when slash gives the finger, there are documented cases also of the band playing on until they knew  that waxl wasnt coming back out. the band is well documented to have not agreed with Axl walking off in later years izzy quit cuz of it for fuck sakes

Neemo wrote:

and in the st louis vid it looks edited...it jumps to a differnet camera anyway when slash gives the finger, there are documented cases also of the band playing on until they knew  that waxl wasnt coming back out. the band is well documented to have not agreed with Axl walking off in later years izzy quit cuz of it for fuck sakes

Where?  The video speaks for itself!  Axl left the stage and the band followed right away.  It wasn't edited to look that way..

Deniz wrote:

Oh c'mon guys, Duff was just joking around with that 11 year old reporter, you can't take that seriously.

It was basically a nice way of saying "don't believe everything you read in the book because there is some inaccurate info there".  I don't know any other way to take it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer