You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Best Album of the 80s Elimination- Round 14

James wrote:

joshua.jpg

Was eliminated in the last round.

Now THAT is a shocker. I expected that to sneak into the final four. Definitely deserved it, although I can understand it losing now to an extent as it sticks out among the rest of the list.

Voting for Master of Puppets until it's gone.

AtariLegend wrote:

Pyromaina

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

AC/DC

Sky Dog wrote:

Somebody Get Me a Doctor.....I've lost the will to live. Don't even know why I'm voting but......JOVI.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Voting for Master of Puppets then on Jovi- Slippery When Wet then Ozzy then Mj then Metallica again before voting Ac/Dc

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Thriller

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:

Thriller

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Puppets til it's gone for me followed by AC/DC

(P.S. "With Or Without You" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" are 2 of the best songs of the 80s, and the rest of the Joshua Tree is also stellar)

Agreed and Agreed. U2 gets the shaft on this site. I went with Puppets, I think Ozzy should go next. SWW I hated, but it was undeniably huge.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Puppets til it's gone for me followed by AC/DC

(P.S. "With Or Without You" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" are 2 of the best songs of the 80s, and the rest of the Joshua Tree is also stellar)

Agreed and Agreed. U2 gets the shaft on this site. I went with Puppets, I think Ozzy should go next. SWW I hated, but it was undeniably huge.

I just can't stand U2 because they have been shoved down my throat from such a young age. If your Irish you have to love U2 . I say fuck that....

I mean in the press this year there was such a big deal about the 360 tour just because the stage could be viewed from all round.
Many articles I read even went as far as to say it was a groundbreaking new idea that U2 had invented.

Correct me if Im wrong but Def leppard had a tour back in the 80s called "In the Round" where the stage could be viewed from all 360 degrees also. Difference was their stage setup was much better and even the drum riser could rotate so that they actually played to all four corners of the arena in the course of a show.

Furthermore Im sure that Leppard were not the first to do that either.

It just seems U2 are this untouchable golden goose. They don't appeal to me musically. I shouldn't have to like them just because I am told to.

Not knocking anyone who does like them here though

Board footer