You are not logged in. Please register or login.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

Re: Best Album of the 80s Elimination- Round 15

supaplex wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

MoP is better than AJFA.  There.  I said it.

what he said

biggest upset for me thus far in the madness series.

i'm voting justice off just because.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Excellent! Everything's falling into place...

excellent-mr-burns.gif

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

still dep leppard for me.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

so... we vote off a brilliant masterpiece of a classic album because " a band shouldn't have 2 records on the top blahblah fuckitty blah"....whether or not certain people voted off soundgarden to piss all over them and the administrator of this board is irrelevant.... i thought we had more integrity than that....i, for one only voted off soundgarden records when i thought the records that were left surpassed them...

if an artist has more than one that belong in the top four... then they should be in the top 4... fair or not...

how quickly we forget how the 90's elimination went...

what's left should go in this order

ozzy
jovi
leppard
thriller
ac/dc
justice

those last two are interchangeable...

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

For the record, I voted of Master of Puppets because it's my least favorite of those that were left.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I nominated Puppets so I certainly don't think it sucks. I also don't think its in the top 5 albums of the 80s, hence my vote for it. Every record left had a huge cultural impact. It isn't shocking that a Metallica record(and soon two Metallica records) wouldn't stand a chance at actually winning.

Def Leppard went through the EXACT same thing a few rounds ago, yet no one had issues with that.

I brought up Soundgarden not because I felt its elimination was a slight at me(look at Kala's elimination for that), but because its an example of people zeroing in on a band's two records, and they did it from round twenty to round five. That was kosher, but in this example it's "insane" and lacks integrity.

No, I haven't forgot that 90s elimination, and when we restart the Evo Madness next year, we may kick it off with a 90s music madness and do it proper. That elimination turned into Cornell fans vs Cornell haters. You had a pack zeroing in on those records from the start, causing fans to zero in on records they normally wouldn't have voted for just to eliminate something other than Soundgarden because love or hate them, they didn't(and wouldn't) go in the first round.

Board footer