You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Could it be I'm sick and tired of GNR?

Scabbie wrote:

I don't listen to GNR that much any more. Sad, really. But then there's quite a few of the 'older' bands I'll go through phases of listening to - AC/DC, Maiden, Metallica etc

I listened to the leaks quite a lot, but its only occasionally on now, and then I tend to listen to three or four of the tracks

I remember when 'Better' first got leaked. That was probably the most exciting time in the new era, I literally couldn't do any work I was so pumped up.

The problem, the way I see it, is that ( and this is just my perception) Axl hardly gives a shit. Sometimes even the best projects die if there is no enthusiasm - its infectious you know?

Now if Axl came out totally rocking on the new tour, and released a double album and succession of new videos It'd probably enough...failing that, I think we all know what would really light the fire again......

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I play UYI 1&2 and CD a few times a week when I'm working out or running, I have a compilation of the old songs and old bootlegs I made and play that quite often as well. I havnt had an  urge to play Appetite for quite a while, I listen to Rock Radio most days and they play the hell out of it so thats enough.
I never really get burnt out with it though, I listened to it all religiously for years and I cant see it ever ending now. I'm a creature of habit, I still log in to youtube and GNR is my number 1 search, the first time I ever ventured online on a freinds computer years back, GNR was the first thing I typed in a search engine. "Horticulture Calibre" or something like that was what I ended up reading inside out.

The only thing I'm weary of is the forums, they are a breeding ground for negativity and are quite depressing. I've said it a million times, if they is nothing going on in the world of GNR, find something better to do with your life. I cant understand the people who bang on every other day about the injustice of it all. Most of the people I know are GNR fans and they have no idea about the forums and couldnt care less anyway, its all about the songs, the albums and catching a live show if possible. They listen to lots of music and have the same outlook. Hell, I have that same outlook with most bands I like. Its only GNR I log on to sites everyday to see whats happening, and thats even more fucked up coz I know sweet FA will be happening 14

Sky Dog wrote:

same with me....karma. 22

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I never really get burnt out with it though, I listened to it all religiously for years and I cant see it ever ending now. I'm a creature of habit, I still log in to youtube and GNR is my number 1 search, the first time I ever ventured online on a freinds computer years back, GNR was the first thing I typed in a search engine. "Horticulture Calibre" or something like that was what I ended up reading inside out.

.44 Calibre Horticulture oh yeah!!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Thats the very one 5

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

The only thing I'm weary of is the forums, they are a breeding ground for negativity and are quite depressing.

I agree with this.

I also agree with what james said that these boards provide a great basis for online friendships and conversations on a variety of topics.

So i'm very glad we have this site and to be a member here. But I do think that in terms of enjoying the band and the music, it's very easy to read some negative stuff and let it ruin your own experience.

I'm not advocating censorship like HTGTH, and I can understand why people get upset about things they don't like. But I feel its a danger with a band like GNR - where there is an upside and a downside to a lot of news - that it's easy to let the bad news overwhelm you.

Which is why i've been looking on the bright side this year for the most part. I mean I could have become someone like buzzsaw very easily (no disrespect buz) - as Slash is my all time favourite guitarist - so I can understand why some people feel that loss on a daily basis. If you'd asked me in 1993 what i'd think of a new GNR album without the original line up i'd have thought i'd be a hater.

But at the same time, i decided to open my mind to new stuff. And what i realised for me was its not an either/or. Like enjoying the  old stuff and old line up doesnt mean I have to be anti the new stuff.

And i've grown to really love the new album. And with that has come an appriciation of the people on it. And that's made me quite interested in Bumblefoot and his crazy guitar tricks (thimble and all that). And now i've got to the point where i'm mega excited at the prospect of hearing the new songs live again - and seeing bumble do his thing, and checking out what DJ brings to the band (which in my mind is liekly to be a step in the direction I like).

Anyway...so i've kind of got two things to like now. Old gnr, and new gnr, and of course all the side projects of members past and present. Pretty cool. So that's my mind set.

But it's interesting overall how listening to what others think can color your enjoyment of an event. I remember going to the WWE with a couple of mates here. And we ended up sitting in different sections. The people around me were going nuts for it, and I came out of the show going "yeah...awesome night". My friends had been with depressed people who felt ripped off and unhappy - and they didn't enjoy the show.

I think its similar around here. Theres a lot most of us would change about GNR, but at the same time, its easy to let the absence of somethings we want make us not look at the bright side of stuff.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What amazes me is the people that complain about the negative, depressing forums...

Yet visit them daily.

Go figure.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What amazes me is the people that complain about the negative, depressing forums...

Yet visit them daily.

Go figure.

The same could be asked of those who seem to be constantly negative on the forums.  Why do they visit?  (And I'm not really looking for an answer.  I've heard it all before).  Works both ways though.  We all just have to learn to get along and coexist peacefully.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I totally agree with that. Karma.

duffyroze
 Rep: 2 

duffyroze wrote:

I got burned out on Gn'R last year before CD came out and started listening to nothing but Motley Crue.  On the day CD came out, I made a huge trip to go get it because I lived in a town that didn't have ANYWHERE to buy music and I guess it cured me, haha

Board footer