You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Queensryche

Stepvhen wrote:

When chinese Democracy came out I saw some guy giving a breakdown of it on the Forums. He was pointing out the biggest influences on the different songs.
I remember he said that Catcher in the Rye , sounded like a REO Speed wagon song
he said that T.W.A.T was nothing new, that Queensryche had been making music like that for years. So when I saw American Soldier their new album ranked as one of the Top Albums of 2009 by Classic Rock I had to give them a listen. I am hooked.

I thought Id share some Queensryche with you guys. This song in particular I would put on the same level as TWAT. Operation Mindcrime is worth a look too.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/--208577138

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Listened to ALOT of Mindcrime & Empire when I was younger. Tate was a great metal vocalist. Not too crazy about their later works more recently. Okay, I guess.

I don't see the comparison between CD & Queensryche, but to each their own. Most people didn't see my comparison of CD & Dream Theater...

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Queensryche!  Brings back old memories.  I'm gonna put on my ryche's cd tonight.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Mindcrime. Metal classic, not to mention one of the best concept albums ever.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Listening to operation for the first time in years.. I loved this album as a young pup... suite sister mary ...classic

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

When chinese Democracy came out I saw some guy giving a breakdown of it on the Forums. He was pointing out the biggest influences on the different songs.
I remember he said that Catcher in the Rye , sounded like a REO Speed wagon song
he said that T.W.A.T was nothing new, that Queensryche had been making music like that for years.

That was me. 14 I said that when the 2006 demos leaked, not when the album was released.

Funny that in 2009 I may have to defend those comments again.

TWAT definitely sounded like an Empire reject. While CITR does have a melancholy Beatles vibe to it, there is an REO influence there as well. Play that intro on the radio in the 80s, everyone will think its the new REO single.

As far as Queensryche goes, I was a big fan for a few years in my teens. Grew out of them for some reason, and never really bothered with anything past Promised Land.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

a btw.  Duff/Loaded will hold a benefit show on the 19th for the families of the four Lakewood police officers murdered over Thanksgiving, and Geoff Tate will perform an acoustic Queensryche set

Board footer