You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Article: What Would Be Great for '08

Backslash wrote:

Here's the section related to GNR:

'I'll burn whatever '˜Chinese Democracy' masters tapes I have, pick up the phone and call Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steve.' - Axl Rose.

Yes, some of the bootlegs that surfaced last year are as good as anything since 'Appetite for Destruction.' But after a 14-year wait, 'Chinese Democracy' can only be a disappointment. Plus Axl needs to realize his band of hired guns are complete wankers and not Guns N' Roses-worthy. Time to trash the masters, call the boys, rent a studio for two weeks and crank out whatever comes naturally.

'I won't become rap's Axl Rose.' - Dr. Dre

'Detox' is the hip-hop 'Chinese Democracy.' Announced almost a decade ago, the album was supposed to be Dre's bong-beat blasted swan song. But Dre just doesn't want to sing. Chronically delayed and declared dead in 2004, 'Detox' was rehabbed by Interscope and given a June 2008 release date. Skeptics abound, but Dre told fans at September's MTV Video Music Awards that ''˜Detox' is coming.'

Source: http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainme … id=1064444

Note that the italicized parts are what the author wants to be promised and ARE NOT quotes from the actual artists. 

I don't think it's fair to the rest of the guys in the band, but it does paint a picture of the public's perception of the band.  It's another one of those "if Axl would bust his nut and get the album out, everyone would stop saying shit about the band" blurbs.

The douchebag who wrote that probably doesn't even know who is in Guns N' Roses now and I'm sure he's never seen them live.  He's the fucking wanker.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Another Chinese Democracy is Lauryn Hill's 2nd solo album. Haven't read about it in ages, but a lot of crazy shit going on with her as well.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I'd hate it if we never got to hear Chinese Democracy.

I'm more then happy for the old band to reform but want to hear what Axl's got first.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer