You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GN'R collaborating with Dale Resteghini

James wrote:

I just fainted in shock from this latest development.....

Something not working out is a concept that came way out of left field.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He probably tried to like... film stuff... you know?

The bastard. I'm sure he'll delay the next album about 5 years.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

What a damn shame, would've loved to see a tour documentary from this lineup.
Fuck man, why can't anything ever go right in the world of GN'R?

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Axl Rose.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

George Chin is out on tour with them though and apparantly filming. I know he is more known more photography, but I read someones blog or something and they definently said "filming."

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Axl Rose.

My guess is that these things are a bit more complicated then "Axl is to blame!"

I'm not saying I know how this stuff works, but if GNR was gonna film and release a DVD from one or more shows, with extra behind the scenes documentary stuff, wouldn't they need the former members approval? Since the majority of the songs played are from that era. Even though they're ex-members, I would guess they still have portions of the copyright or whatever.

Like if they wanted to include Whole Lotta Rosie on a live DVD, they would ned the approval from AC/DC and pay them a little or large royalty-fee.

They can obviously perform the songs live with no hassle from former members. But recording and releasing the stuff on DVD prolly needs all sorts of approval...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

The fuck-up in GN'R world is on-going.

The only constant is Axl Rose.

Do the math.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

It's clear that things that the GNR-camp have "promised" in the past have not happened one way or the other for whatever reason.

But as far as I know, a documentary haven't been announced by GNR, so therefore I think it's a bit harsh to put this in "Fuck Up-category".... smile

They've now been on the road more or less since medio December 2009. I rather focus on how well the touring is going. They made up for two cancelled shows really quick, bandmembers are interacting with the fans, road-videos (Tommy and DJ), chats, private accoustic shows (Bumblefoot), they've played a lotta ChiDem-material, great reviews of the shows, small surpisegigs in NY...

In a lot of fans minds, THINGS ARE GREAT!! Enjoy it!  22

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

So it didn't work out. Big deal. Not the first time something haven't worked out...both GNR and other bands. Lame to blame it on Axl with having absolutely no background information at all. Just a polarization at hand...Axl bad = fires film guy.

Board footer