You are not logged in. Please register or login.

The Cusack
 Rep: 1 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

The Cusack wrote:

I missed the early game altogether.  I guess the Giants picked up where they left off against New England.  Maybe they can bring their A game to Dallas next week.  I'm going for Green Bay in the NFC so having Dallas knocked off would be huge.

As for the AFC, I'm about 50/50 on the Colts and Patriots as to whom I'm cheering for now that the Steelers are out but overall I'm going to say that I'm cheering to see the Patriots run the table.  I'd love to see history like that made.

I'll go ahead and give my picks:

Patriots
Colts
Packers
Cowboys

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Rivers looked great today, hopefully it will carry over to next week and they'll get an easy victory.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I'm proud of my Giants, and happy that Eli finally got the monkey off his back, and got his first playoff win. Next week will be very tough. It will definatly be a step up from Tampa. But Eli always plays the Cowboys well. I have no doubt they'll put points up, I just wonder if we can stop or at least contain Dallas' offense. It T.O isnt 100%, that'll be huge.

I may sound crazy, but if the Giants upset Dallas, I think they go to the Super Bowl. That's a very big "if" though.

I love Madden. I think he and Michaels are the best duo today. It's no accident that they get the A games every week.

The Cusack
 Rep: 1 

The Cusack wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

I may sound crazy, but if the Giants upset Dallas, I think they go to the Super Bowl. .

If the Cowboys lose then I'm 99% positive that Green Bay will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Communist China wrote:

Rivers looked great today.

The shirt he wore in the post game interview was a disgrace though.  I'm guessing his Mom bought it for him and he promised to wear it at least once or something.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

^^My point being that if the Giants can go in and in a long shot, knock off Dallas, then I see no reason they cant beat Green Bay or Seattle. Its a long shot, and Green Bay is a great team. But momentum can be a bitch to deal with.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I can imagine a possible upset of Dallas, but Green Bay or Seattle? Not likely. Its very tough to enter the playoffs as a wild card team and win 3 games on the road to get to the SB. There's a reason its only happened a handful of times. It takes something special to do it.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I can imagine a possible upset of Dallas, but Green Bay or Seattle? Not likely. Its very tough to enter the playoffs as a wild card team and win 3 games on the road to get to the SB. There's a reason its only happened a handful of times. It takes something special to do it.

Yep, its unlikely. But if they get on a roll, who knows. I believe the 2005 Steelers are the only wild card team to go on the road the whole way, to the Super Bowl.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Yep, its unlikely. But if they get on a roll, who knows. I believe the 2005 Steelers are the only wild card team to go on the road the whole way, to the Super Bowl.

84 Raiders, 93 Bills, and 00 Ravens did it, two of them winning the SB.

Its possible, just not likely. I'm not saying that just because its the Giants. If the Pats were in the same position, I would say the same thing. Its really hard to win 3 games in a playoff atmosphere in the underdog position.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

^^Absolutely. It will take everone on their 'A' game.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

It is extremely hard to beat a team three times in one season, even when one is vastly superior. So Dallas could go down, but it wouldn't mean that the Giants could beat GB.

Board footer