You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Oslo, Norway - June 2, 2010 (Oslo Spektrum)

Axlin16 wrote:

We know Axl Rose more than we think.

Axl's still Axl. If he's not ranting, imo, that's a good thing.

It means he's happy. Very cool.

Now, half-assing shows... he's NEVER done that. And hopefully that's not what's going on here, and never will.

If he's doing that, that's a first, and that means something is really wrong imo.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I haven't watched any footage other than a couple CD songs from the first Asian shows, but that set list definitely leaves much to be desired. Not really gonna bitch about it as I no longer expect the band to ever drop the nostalgia thing, but they could at least balance it out a bit better. Since he supposedly doesn't want a reunion, I don't understand the reluctance to dive into UYI. If he isn't doing KOHD like on all previous tours, flush that turd and add one of the hits from UYI. LALD deserves to be put out to pasture as well. At least one of those AFD songs should be dropped, and one of those CD songs that's been performed for 10 years and not a hit needs to be dumped for either another CD song or a UYI song.

While it is not the AFD rehash of CD tours past, it needs to be revamped.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Damn straight

I've said it before... Axl's got THIRTY songs that are just sitting there, not being played.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Damn straight that is.

No need for those songs, theres plenty of songs to choose from.

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

Yep madagas, here i am!  I really enjoyed the show, had a blast. Seems I was lucky with the sound where I was, judging by other reviews. I heard Axl clearly and well (apart from a couple of bits, in my orig post), and he sounded really fucking good, and the rest of the mix wasnt too muddy at all. Guitars sounded good, esp DJ and richard. It was better sound than other places I've seen GnR, I know how frustrating it is when you cant hear shit (either onstage playing or in the audience trying to hear).
I didnt expect many more CD songs to be played, sure there's more I want to hear live, and hopefully I will at another show (sounds like Scraped was added in Russia btw). Sorry and TIL were so damn good though, and the CD songs really came over well. But indeed, the majority of the crowd will want to hear the older hits too. I have a friend coming to Reading only to hear Sweet Child and Paradise city...
It was a cracking show and I'm really glad I went.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool...glad you enjoyed it babydolls smile

where were you at in relation to the stage? is it still the trident shaped thing?

julia (babydolls)

well it was a last minute trip for me and I couldnt get a standing ticket online, got a seat that ended up being front row of the first seated section and slightly to the left of centre stage - amazing seat really!  Unlike most GnR shows I had the perfect view! i liked the venue, wasnt too big. Esp as Reading will be a festival show, I really wanted to see them at a smaller indoor place if possible. And thank you to the volcanoe for behaving itself last week...

DCK

DCK wrote:

You were seated almost at the same place as me, and yet his vocals were way too low for me for the first 3 songs. Odd.

julia (babydolls)

Only in CD for me, and the first song is always a bit of a gamble on sound at most gigs. By the end of it and Jungle, I heard him fine.

DCK

DCK wrote:

I was almost right behind the soundboard, just a fraction to the right of it (with my face in direction of the stage) and Chinese was almost fully gone. WTTJ I could hear him, and also in Easy and Brownstone, but not NEARLY as high as I should. It suddenly came at Sorry and stayed good for awhile, but then started to dip in volume again, suddenly going quite high, and then lower.

Board footer