You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 191 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

CD doesn't sound dated at all. I think it would have definitely sounded better with less guitar, but it hardly sounds dated. I don't know what people are talking about. Dated as to what?

Those lame hip hop beats at the start of nearly every track make it sound dated, or maybe not dated, but it sounds lame. Fuck, they have a drummer, just use him instead of programmed beats.

Gong
 Rep: 59 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Gong wrote:

Big Jack White fan here.

IMO, his post-White Stripes output (Raconteurs, Dead Weather) is AWESOME.

Love those albums - they are full of great songs AND they sound dated.

That's my biggest criticism of him - everything sounds like it was recorded in 1974. That's probably also why I like them so much.

For contrast - no one ever accused Radiohead of sounding dated.

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Sky Dog wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

CD doesn't sound dated at all. I think it would have definitely sounded better with less guitar, but it hardly sounds dated. I don't know what people are talking about. Dated as to what?

Those lame hip hop beats at the start of nearly every track make it sound dated, or maybe not dated, but it sounds lame. Fuck, they have a drummer, just use him instead of programmed beats.

I agree...especially on IRS and TWAT......

However, the word "dated" is REALLY "dated" on this board. Everything has been done in rock and roll and thus everything is "dated" by definition. You either like the music or you don't. So can we get back to discussing the possibility of a new album? 19

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Naltav wrote:

When Ashba amd Dizzy go public in mainstream Norwegian media and say "we're working on a new album", I can only assume they're talking about "CDII" and not a NEW new album. As far as the genral public knows, "CDII" would be a NEW new album. If you know what I mean... ?

I'm excited about this! There must have been some progress in this regard, since Ashba and Dizzy are allowed to talk about it!
smile

Neemo
 Rep: 483 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Neemo wrote:
Manets wrote:

Some fuel to the fire. I heard the July release didn't work out and a November one is expected. Rock Band 3 is rumored to feature a brand new Guns N' Roses song. Announcement on E3, June 15-17, LA.

so?

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Manets wrote:

Some fuel to the fire. I heard the July release didn't work out and a November one is expected. Rock Band 3 is rumored to feature a brand new Guns N' Roses song. Announcement on E3, June 15-17, LA.

so?

Let me translate that....

Since we're two weeks from July and obviously nothing can happen in that time frame, a new bullshit date much further into the future has now been decided on so we can act like we know something for a longer duration of time.


Had any of this crap been legit, it would not have went from July to November. Maybe August or September. These guys are just giving themselves a lot of breathing room.


This reeks of 2005. I thought this type of thing would go extinct when the album was released, but since a sucker is born every minute, a forum insider must be born every two minutes.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Axlin16 wrote:

But it's boring, that's the problem. That whole "mogg leak killed RB3" thing was so laughable, it hurt. Those mogg's leaking, no matter how much fun i'm having turning SOD into a 7-minute epic, was the equivalent of being asleep on the couch, and waking up to see a Andy Griffith rerun on, and falling back asleep

James said it - 2005. This whole myth that Axl is like Jesus Christ, and as soon as we predict the second coming, he'll push the date back out of spite is such absurd bullshit, I can't believe people even do it anymore.

The more these rumors keep getting born, the less and less i'll believe a second album is even possible within the next decade.

Next time GN'R drops something major, no one will see it coming imo. They'll be too busy brushing their teeth or fucking their girlfriend to even care.

jmho

No one is following CD II the same way they did CD I. Even hardcore GN'R geeks have kind of called it a day, and moved on in their lives. Hell most of them started out in college, and ended up with 3 kids, a wife, and a steady gig.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No one is following CD II the same way they did CD I. Even hardcore GN'R geeks have kind of called it a day, and moved on in their lives. Hell most of them started out in college, and ended up with 3 kids, a wife, and a steady gig.

Me exactly. In college, then graduated. Now have 3 kids, a wife and a steady gig. Me no care no more.

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But it's boring, that's the problem. That whole "mogg leak killed RB3" thing was so laughable, it hurt. Those mogg's leaking, no matter how much fun i'm having turning SOD into a 7-minute epic, was the equivalent of being asleep on the couch, and waking up to see a Andy Griffith rerun on, and falling back asleep

James said it - 2005. This whole myth that Axl is like Jesus Christ, and as soon as we predict the second coming, he'll push the date back out of spite is such absurd bullshit, I can't believe people even do it anymore.

The more these rumors keep getting born, the less and less i'll believe a second album is even possible within the next decade.

Next time GN'R drops something major, no one will see it coming imo. They'll be too busy brushing their teeth or fucking their girlfriend to even care.

jmho

No one is following CD II the same way they did CD I. Even hardcore GN'R geeks have kind of called it a day, and moved on in their lives. Hell most of them started out in college, and ended up with 3 kids, a wife, and a steady gig.

nobody but me is waiting anymore...that is all I care about. However, the mogg stuff is pretty funny. I am not talking about Russ and guys who like to genuinely take the tracks and mix them up. I am talking about the guys who really think they have value. You want value? Someone leak Atlas or The General..you get value then.:|

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB