You are not logged in. Please register or login.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

Re: Slash Ponders GN'R Reunion 2013

GNRBABY wrote:
DCK wrote:

I can see it now. Everyone involved with GNR from Rob Gardener to DJ Ashba showing up for the photo-shoot, with Axl as some kind of Godfather in the middle

16 love it

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The drummer in GN'R has never been important.

DCK wrote:

New GN'R on a best case scenario doesn't have three years left in it. Hate to break the news.

It survived years and years with no album. It sure as hell can survive 3 years with an ongoing tour and a semi-new album.

It goes on until Axl doesn't want to anymore.

Oh i'm sure it'll go on... i'm just waiting for Axl to score that record deal in BULGARIA.

GN'R is an American band that is viewed as having cease to exist in 1993. That's a glaring problem that everyone seems to overlook. Yeah I know, America ain't the world, but it is the epicenter of the music industry, and it certaintly creates a problem if the U.S. is shutting doors in Axl's face and saying "come back when you have the real band in toe".

Just sayin'. And trust me, without a big single for radio/download, the next album will tank worse than CD. And the album after that will be even worse.

New Guns N' Roses ain't got an empty tank yet, but they're about at the 1/4 mark, and running close to 'E'.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I think you're a bit too pessimistic. It ain't THAT bad.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I agree the USA is the centre of the music industry but even so given CD was platinum certified in europe and did well in the rest of the world.

Bottom line is that given recording technology is cheaper than before, Axl could probably finance future albums exclusively from offshore and tour and promote them only in those markets if it came to it.

And realisticly, while new guns may not dominate in the usa, there's a % of people that will always give a shit what he does even if it's just to complain that it's not what it could be.

If he was going to bow to the pressure it would have happened circa 2000 in my opinion, or maybe when bucket left.

I maintain, money, sales, business or public pressure will NEVER force Axl into a reunion, I think he'd go entirely underground before that. If there is ever going to be a reunion it will be because AXL himself wants it, because he misses the good times before the shit happened, or because he's made friends with someone from the old band again.

The problems are entirely personal not business related in my opinion.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

And your opinion is correct. big_smile

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Articles like this one are just depressing. The band's dissolution and Axl's reclusive lifestyle led to one of the biggest wastes of musical talent ever.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Maybe... look at the bright side... old Guns N' Roses has a solid catalog.

Better to have a few great albums, and that's it, than 20 albums, 3 of which are worth a damn.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Better to have a few great albums, and that's it, than 20 albums, 3 of which are worth a damn.

True I suppose. I know this isn't a fair comparison but it's similar to some of the musicians that died young but made big impacts in a short time (Hendrix, Morrison, etc.). No one knows if they would have kept up the same level of amazing music, but we do wish they had given themselves the chance to do it. GN'R was a self-destructive band from the beginning. They lived on the edge and it sounds like each member darn near killed himself at one point or another due to various alcohol and drug problems. One thing is sure, I don't think any other music artist has ever had a more perfect first album title looking back on it in hindsight. Appetite for Destruction, indeed. sad

Sky Dog wrote:

no doubt.....I have always thought a Gnr album in 95 or whatever around then would have sucked...nobodies head was in the right place. It was game over at the time.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

True I suppose. I know this isn't a fair comparison but it's similar to some of the musicians that died young but made big impacts in a short time (Hendrix, Morrison, etc.). No one knows if they would have kept up the same level of amazing music, but we do wish they had given themselves the chance to do it. GN'R was a self-destructive band from the beginning. They lived on the edge and it sounds like each member darn near killed himself at one point or another due to various alcohol and drug problems. One thing is sure, I don't think any other music artist has ever had a more perfect first album title looking back on it in hindsight. Appetite for Destruction, indeed. sad

Use Your Illusion was correctly named too. "Use Your Illusion, that we're doin' alright"

Axl & Slash both admitted that the band was near break up by 1990, and it was like pulling teeth to get them back together to record.

Hell, within a year and a half Steven & Izzy were gone.

Looking back i've always found it fascinating that we even got UYI, let alone a double album, and a two-and-a-half year tour. It nearly never happened to begin with. Slash also admitted tensions were at near implosion-scale only a few dates into the tour.

madagas wrote:

no doubt.....I have always thought a Gnr album in 95 or whatever around then would have sucked...nobodies head was in the right place. It was game over at the time.

GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER! 19

Board footer