You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Megadeth

Neemo wrote:

i dunno, the canadian boys are great musicians but they are no Ellefson and Pitrelli

speaking of which...I was disappointed to not see David Ellefson back for the return of Megadeth and i think that "Something That I'm Not" from TSHF is actually about him...But i know some places say that its about metallica...but i think its about the other Dave when he turned down Mustaine when he was invited back

Countdown To Extinction is my favorite, followed closely by Rust In Peace.   Peace Sells is pretty decent.  Not a big fan of much of his post-Countdown stuff.   Rust In Peace/Countdown was my fav Megadeth lineup.

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:

I dig me some Megadeth! Fucking slammin band.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

actually i think that the system has failed is better than united abominations, but the world needs a hero is even better. (still thats a post injury dave though)

but yeh the albums they've made in the 2000's fucking own 9 if you havent been a fan since the mid 90's then you should check them out for sure, you'll prolly be surprised how metal he has gotten...like old school metallica/megadeth shit

I agree with this 100%.  TWNAH has Disconnect, Return to Hangar, When, Dread and the Fugitive Mind and Recipe For Hate...Warhorse, neither of the following two albums (in my opinion) have that many "out of the park" hits on it.  The System Has Failed has three solid songs with Kick the Chair (which is really just a reworking of Take No Prisoners from R.I.P.), Truth Be Told and The Scorpion.  United Abominations has Gears of War, You're Dead and Never Walk Alone.  All three albums are solid but I think after TWNAH each has been a little lesser than its predecessor.

Ha, I like most of the songs off The System HAs Failed.  The only ones I don't like are I Know Jack, and My Kingdom. 

Don't get me wrong, The World Needs A Hero is great, but it just seems quickly put together, but like I said, that is some flawless production. 

And United Abominations...it's my favorite one behind Rust In Peace!

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

MEGADETH is rumored to have tapped Chris Broderick (NEVERMORE, JAG PANZER) as the replacement for lead guitarist Glen Drover.

Although MEGADETH has yet to confirm Glen's departure via its official web site, numerous postings on various message boards (including MEGADETH's official forum, where such messages are regularly deleted) have suggested that Drover has left the band in order to focus on family life.

Chris has been playing guitar since he was eleven years old and has been teaching for the last 15 years. Styles range from classical, rock, blues, and jazz. He started taking lessons at 14 years of age studying guitar as well as voice, violin, and piano. Chris has a degree in classical guitar music performance at the University of Denver and the Lamont School of Music. He has performed in many master classes including ones given by David Russell, Benjamin Verdery, and his primary instructor, Ricardo Iznaola. In addition, Chris has taken classes such as jazz improvisation, chord voicing, advanced music theory, and sight-reading.

www.blabbermouth.net

sucks to see Glen go but man this new dude looks pretty amazing 11

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I think Vic will still be happy!  Thanks for the post Neemo, I hadn't heard about this one yet.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I'm on the Megadeth boards and I have never heard of this up until now. 

Glen Drover hasn't really done any landmark stuff with Megadeth, but he can play like a motherfucker.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Love the old shit Into the Lungs of Hell, In My Darkest Hour etc etc, Rust in Peace was great as was Countdown to Extinction. Overall a solid band but RIP line up was the best.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

MEGADETH Mainman To Address 'Current Guitar Player Situation' Next Week - Jan. 9, 2008 

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has announced that he will offer an update on the band's "current guitar player situation" next week via an audio message on The Live Line.

As BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported on January 7, MEGADETH is rumored to have tapped Chris Broderick (NEVERMORE, JAG PANZER) as the replacement for lead guitarist Glen Drover.

Although MEGADETH has yet to confirm Glen's departure via its official web site, numerous postings on various message boards (including MEGADETH's official forum, where such messages are regularly deleted) have suggested that Drover has left the band in order to focus on family life.

In a November 2007 posting on the forum of MEGADETH's official fan club, MegaFanClub (accessible to members only), Mustaine stated about Drover, "sadly, Glen is having a really difficult time handling the demands of touring and we are finding that we are having to cut our European run down already, but that it is going to be one of the last long ones for some time."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=88121

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

This sounds like the official word Neemo, thanks again for the update.  I knew Drover was having some issues but had no clue whatsoever it was this bad.  The new dude looks damn good himself though...Megadeth is one of those bands that can handle a few lineup changes and still kick ass.  They have proven that again and again although I must agree with Scabbie that the RIP lineup was the lineup to beat.

Board footer