You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: The Next Chapter or the Grand Finale?

bigbri wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

BH has a small fanbase, and most of them don't give a shit about the GNR thing. They like what he did on the songs, but thats as far as the interest in GNR goes. Bri, who hangs in the BH community can likely vouch for this.

Most of the BH fans intensely dislike GNR, actually. There are a few of us who love both, but that's as far as it goes. They like his work on CD, as James said, but mostly don't like the songs themselves.

Also, BH and Brain will never be in GNR again. Just isn't gonna happen.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

BH and Brain will never be in GNR again. Just isn't gonna happen.

Stop trying to crush my dreams.:haha:

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Buckethead took the songs (and more importantly the potential) to a much higher level and made GNR exciting.  Without him it's Axl and some musicians, not that they aren't a good band but damn BH made them something special.  If the whole thing just doesn't simply implode once and for all (which I fear may be the case) I'm still hoping against hope that we haven't seen the last of Buckethead with Axl again.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

BH and Brain will never be in GNR again. Just isn't gonna happen.

Stop trying to crush my dreams.:haha:

mine too....fuck off bigbri...if there are those who are convinced an original lineup reunion is going to happen soon....then to balance that out, there must be guys like James and me who believe that BH is on his way back....

I have to tell you, that my highlight in '06/07 was not when GNR announced to play SA...or even seeing them live in Europe...but when i read in Del James' monologue that they have still been actively trying to pursue BH to return to the fold.....that made my day right there....

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

"People keep saying things like 'comeback.' I didn't go away, they did." - Burt Reynolds

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

"People keep saying things like 'comeback.' I didn't go away, they did." - Burt Reynolds

this is so not true with axl 16 he was in hiding for like ever with breif appearances in 1999 and 2002

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
Neemo wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

this is so not true with axl 16 he was in hiding for like ever with breif appearances in 1999 and 2002

16 Yeah, that's the irony. Glad you dug the quote though, I always get a kick out of it. Reynolds-style cool

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Every day it feels more and more like the Grand Finale. There's absolutely nothing to look forward to at the moment. Even Baz has shut up now, and rumours are constrained to a four word e-mail reply from the part time rhythm guitarist in GNR. 'You heard right Greg'. Gee thanks for that.

Maybe its just the January Blues. We used to talk about the calm before the storm, now its just starting to feel like the calm before the calm.

IMO they have 2-3 months to do something, or the hard core fans will wither away. In some sense I wish they would, the bands done fuck all for ages now, so why should we give a shit. Maybe the forums should not even bother with the new band, instead reminisce on good times past. Collectively ignore any talk of leaks, forthcoming tours or anything to do with the new band. Just talk about Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. See how Mr A likes that.

Sorry, rant over. I'll be back tomorrow full of enthusiasm probably!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer