You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Women...

monkeychow wrote:

jez man that's some scary shit considering i'm 33 lol.

I know what you mean though to some extent when I meet girls my age who are single i think like "why are you still single" and I know they ask the same question lol.

But then again, there's always that great girl that was just too shy to tramp it up in clubs at 20, or maybe those people who after their first divorse realise i'm better than their last man hahahahahahh

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Don't worry, I'm 32 and still single. And while I'm not that bitter or shitty about it, I find it is pretty fucking hard to find a decent girl these days, especially as I'm getting older.
I just find Australian girls in general, way too fucking picky, and they don't know what they want.

I am currently seeing a girl I met a few months ago, but we're still in dating mode, and she doesn't seem like she wants to commit yet. She's only 25, but I thought girls that age want to start settling down.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

And that's what I was getting at. The guys I know, who are 33-35 range, basically say the same thing you said metallex. The problem becomes that their only options become the bar/club scene. But they soon find out, that most of the girls they are dealing with who are their same age, mid-30's, that are still doing the bar/club scene are there for a reason. They're everyone else's garbage. They're typically bar-hopping lifers who are wilder than they are, or worse - full blown crazy. They also denounce the social networking scene as "even worse", stating people lie far too much on MySpace/Facebook to ever get a true gauge of who they are. They also seem to cling to their "internet image", which creates trust issues. That's their experiences.

I know alot of guys those ages have sat down and told me testimonies of "don't fuck up in your college days; be serious; find that girl then, because your shit out of luck later". I know one guy who literally started going to and donating his time to a church, because he was all out of options. He was 34.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I am currently seeing a girl I met a few months ago, but we're still in dating mode, and she doesn't seem like she wants to commit yet. She's only 25, but I thought girls that age want to start settling down.

yeah i think 25 is a good age actually.

As when you hook up with someone who's like 19 or 20, chances are they have no idea what they really want in life, so they'll bang you for a while, then realise they actually want to date a plumber,  magician or doctor, or have some kind of life crisis where they move to egypt. Been there done that. lol.

Meanwhile the problem with many girls in the 30s is that they are so aware of the biological clock issue that they don't have time to date anyone who's immediately not perfect at face value. The girl who broke up with me was 33, she said I was 90% of what she wanted in a guy, but that after knowing me for 3 months, she was unsure if the residual 10% feeling would come or not, meanwhile she needs to have kids in the next couple of years, and didn't want to waste a year to see if she falls in love truely or not...so it's on to the next guy who might be 100%. Or at least that's how she rationalised it to me.

I find it odd, because I am interested in settling down too, but I also think it's not super healthy to expect to have a deep bond with someone after a couple of months, you need to give relationships time to grow.

Anyway...so i think 25 makes sence for you dude...she's old enough that she's not just sewing her wild oats and will be open to settling down, yet young enough that you have time to get to know each other properly and get financially stable and all that kind of thing before needing to have a family if you want to.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I know alot of guys those ages have sat down and told me testimonies of "don't fuck up in your college days; be serious; find that girl then, because your shit out of luck later".

yeah i hear that, but then again all my friends who did get married in their early 20s are now divorced! So it's hard to know. But then I agree the singles bar scene in the 30s is a joke.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I know alot of guys those ages have sat down and told me testimonies of "don't fuck up in your college days; be serious; find that girl then, because your shit out of luck later". I know one guy who literally started going to and donating his time to a church, because he was all out of options. He was 34.

Going to church to pick up chicks. Classy. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

yeah i think 25 is a good age actually.

As when you hook up with someone who's like 19 or 20, chances are they have no idea what they really want in life, so they'll bang you for a while, then realise they actually want to date a plumber,  magician or doctor, or have some kind of life crisis where they move to egypt. Been there done that. lol.

Tell me about it.

I've known girls who are 22-23, who've been preaching marriage for years, yet have no foundation at all in their life. Who wants to marry a chick who doesn't keep a regular job because they're just waiting for the "right guy" to come along to basically let them sit on their ass and not do anything. That's not marriage. Keep in mind, i'm referring to the girls who are not college-educated, not trained in anything, they just took their post-high school days to "find themselves".

monkeychow wrote:

Meanwhile the problem with many girls in the 30s is that they are so aware of the biological clock issue that they don't have time to date anyone who's immediately not perfect at face value. The girl who broke up with me was 33, she said I was 90% of what she wanted in a guy, but that after knowing me for 3 months, she was unsure if the residual 10% feeling would come or not, meanwhile she needs to have kids in the next couple of years, and didn't want to waste a year to see if she falls in love truely or not...so it's on to the next guy who might be 100%. Or at least that's how she rationalised it to me.

That's the dumbest fucking thing i've ever heard, yet at the same time it makes total sense. When you've been alone for an extended period of time, or at least not in committed relationships, some people don't get more desperate, some people get more and more picky.

They realize the sun rises again. They realize the world keeps turning. There's no reason to sell short of what they want, out of desperation, because alone/with someone, doesn't really matter.

However in HER case, 90/100 imo gives monkey chow an A- as a guy. I think at her age, that's the best she can hope for. If she's dumb enough, and she is, to think she's gonna do better than that at her age, with her biological clock ticking, she's fooling herself. Her best options at this point are either married men, or divorced men with kids.

monkeychow wrote:

I find it odd, because I am interested in settling down too, but I also think it's not super healthy to expect to have a deep bond with someone after a couple of months, you need to give relationships time to grow.

That's a growing problem I see with my generation. They want deep, 30-year relationship bonds IN SECONDS, as if they're clicking Facebook pages.

It's made them increasingly narcissistic, and polarized. Relationships HAVE to grow to that. They don't just become that tomorrow.

They start buying into the that romance novel bullshit of "love at first sight". If I don't feel like I want to spend the rest of my life with this person in the first 10 minutes of meeting them, then they're all wrong, and move on. That's bullshit.

Jungle Blood
 Rep: 3 

Jungle Blood wrote:

Aah..

Women...

Can't live with 'em... wink

*SILENCE* 18

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I have tried, really I have.  I cant live with em.  Its me as well but its also, well fuck, its me, I cant live with em.  I need my own space too much sometimes, I`m a hermit, I`m used to living on my own and there isnt any way around it.  So a house for me and a small flat for them for me to visit on weekends would be the thing.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I'm starting to gather up my material for my new subject: How Norwegian men imports foreign girls because Norwegian girls are annoying flirts with no interest in relationships.

I write this because a very good friend of mine started to date an American girl. He's been trying for years now to find a Norwegian example of the kind, only to be let down again and again by God knows how many excuses or faults none of his own.

My verdict: If you're out of tune with your own kind, IMPORT.

Board footer