You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: what does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%

war wrote:

opinions aside, cd is a best of 3 cd's scenario.

i would have rather saw an album with stripped down versions of the following:

street of dreams
if the world
twat
catcher in the rye
sorry
this i love
prostitute

not necessarily my favorite songs but, if you added some filler at a minimum, this would have much more flow as an album.

cd is a mess if you don't jump around

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
-D- wrote:

I guess the difference for me is, I have loved AFD,Lies,UYI's for over 20 years whereas with CD, i loved it for about 6 months and now every once in awhile wil listen to may 3 or 4 songs.... in 20 more years ill still be listening to AFD and UYI..

Yea, I don't know if it's just general burnout with CD, but as of today the older albums hold up better.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

for me its UYI > Lies > CD > AFD.  Thats basically the order in what has stood the test of time for me and what I`m more likely to play.  Doesnt seem right to have AFD at the end because I still think its a good album and appreciate it for what it was bitd, but its more something I`d throw on if I was drunk and wanted some feelgood tunes to air guitar to...

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

If Axl made a music video. Actually stand behind his product and not pretend CD is still unreleased. OPEN THE FUCKING STORE @ GNR.com!!!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
russtcb wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

If Axl made a music video. Actually stand behind his product and not pretend CD is still unreleased. OPEN THE FUCKING STORE @ GNR.com!!!

My son's mom asked me to get my son a new GN'R shirt because he grew out of his old one. I replied with "Well, I'll try but this may surprise you but GN'Rs online store is jacked up" her response was "Wow...what a surprise"

I'm sure you're aware, but you can get GNR shirts at Hot Topic and Amazon. There is no excuse for that store to be closed. They are missing out on mucho $$$$ - enough to fund an album!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

I'm sure you're aware, but you can get GNR shirts at Hot Topic and Amazon. There is no excuse for that store to be closed. They are missing out on mucho $$$$ - enough to fund an album!

Par for the course isn't it?

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Axl should take a leaf out of Duff`s book and do something for the benefit of the other band members instead of just himself.. yeah I`m sure they get paid well for their time but when it becomes more than just a job to some of them, well, forget it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

...Chinese Democracy is a vastly superior overall album...CD is the GNR album I listen to most. AFD is second, but I haven't listened to it in forever...

This. I couldn't agree with you more.

I think CD compares quite well with a BEST OF UYI's.  Might not be quite as good if you take the best songs of the bunch, but it'd be close for me.  Though I have to be honest.  I like a lot of the "filler" on UYI's.  It'd be tough to narrow down a best of list for me.

Board footer