You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

slashsfro wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Really?? From Ron's Twitter just now:

OK, now someone's stirring up shit by spreading a personal email I wrote. I'll sum it up: don't leave a crowd waiting in the cold for 2 hours with no info, tell them something, give them something.

Shit happens, 'late' happens, I've been late before, not pointing fingers, this is about taking care of the *audience*. When an audience is at a point of hate, trying to hurt us, the crew, the gear, something isn't right. I'm hoping next time, I/we/someone will let the crowd know wussup and to hang tight.

Are you kidding me?? This dude is like the most fan friendly guy to ever grace this band. Why on Earth would someone start shit for him??

He's definitely unhappy.  It's impossible at this point to even bother defending Axl.   The guy just doesn't care about his fans like Bono said.  He has no respect for thiem at all.  I don't think he gets how plans have to made when one has to attend GNR concerts.  Modes of transparation, cost, and the time involved in getting to those things might seem minor but to me they are a big deal. 

That and he seems to have the most ridiculous excuses for shit happening in this band.  Tour cancelled because of just finding out about it over the internet?  Show delayed because Axl was eating duck?

Anybody ever read the Great Gatsby?  Near the end the narrator Nick says "They (the Buchanans) destroy stuff and leave everyone else to clean up the mess."  That's pretty much Axl at this point.  From the old band to Ron now, they (and countless others) have always had to make excuses and defend the band because of Axl's fuckups.

The GNR name can only go so far if you have to deal with this and the other issues (band cohesion, release of actual new music) on a constant basis.  It's the same pattern from Slash to Buckethead to Ron.  Eventually they all get tired and just say the hell with this; it's not worth the stress to deal with this bs.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Really?? From Ron's Twitter just now:

OK, now someone's stirring up shit by spreading a personal email I wrote. I'll sum it up: don't leave a crowd waiting in the cold for 2 hours with no info, tell them something, give them something.

Shit happens, 'late' happens, I've been late before, not pointing fingers, this is about taking care of the *audience*. When an audience is at a point of hate, trying to hurt us, the crew, the gear, something isn't right. I'm hoping next time, I/we/someone will let the crowd know wussup and to hang tight.

Are you kidding me?? This dude is like the most fan friendly guy to ever grace this band. Why on Earth would someone start shit for him??

I hope he is not referring to me. I asked him what was going on and he told me. Then I emailed him back and asked if it was ok to post on the forum, and he said it was fine. I hope he doesn't think I took that and used it to start shit. That most certainly wasn't my intention.

johndivney wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I hope he is not referring to me. I asked him what was going on and he told me. Then I emailed him back and asked if it was ok to post on the forum, and he said it was fine. I hope he doesn't think I took that and used it to start shit. That most certainly wasn't my intention.

fwiw i doubt it's your msg he's referring to. that was simple & innocuous, there'd be nothing that could be misconstrued or used against him, you or the band. it's a different topic he's discussing here.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Dunno what email he is referring to, weird. But once again Ron stands up to be counted, great guy smile

johndivney wrote:

well this has been the craziest most bizarre 24 hours in the GnR world in a long time... a couple of months at least..

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

all he's got now is MisterID and DCK.

Oh yeah...the same DCK who was told by a singer in another band to NEVER contact him again because DCK was too negative. Yeah, that DCK. Don't make me fucking laugh.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
johndivney wrote:

well this has been the craziest most bizarre 24 hours in the GnR world in a long time... a couple of months at least..

No doubt about that, can't say it's boring. Although on the other hand much like the past, you can't say it's not disappointing either.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Quite one of those issues which makes me actually follow this band. Crazy, bizarre and controversy. Imagine someone hacking Gene Simmonds Twitter, saying "the tour is off". Wouldn't stir up any of the shit we've seen here. It stirs up shit because Axl got a certain history, and it makes it interesting. When they start being like Bon Jovi or something, I'm out the door to greener pastures.

Board footer