You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Epiphany

Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

tommy on the possible tour cancellation...hmmmm

Tommy Stinson:  It's startling to me how stuff happens, ya know, it's stressful.  It's like ya kinda think o.k. well I gotta get my life in order here cause I'm leaving in five days and then you hear something like that coming down the pike.  And it's like Sunday night and you're like how am I suppose to deal with that.  Everyone's just trying to figure out what's happening with it and how it happened and then I get the call that everything's fine, whatever -- it's just some crazy shit going on.

Conspiracy theories look more correct by the day...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Conspiracy theories look more correct by the day...

More about the eyes that see than the content. I got nothing of the sort out of that comment by Tommy.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

LOL. Truer words have never been spoken. You can't see anything that you don't want to see if you close your eyes.

At the very least, he's band member #2 to publicly question how screwed up things are involving gnr.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Whether Axls twitter message was genuine or not the one thing this has indicated to me is that everybody within the band, even the 'inner circle' seemed to initially believe it was more than possible.

We know Axl is a loose cannon and it wouldn't be the first time he's flown off the rails but to consider he's unstable enough to throw a hissy and cancel a whole tour via twitter and potentially jeapordise the future of the band is scary. Yet the reaction of the people from within GNR initially suggested to me they think he's more than capable.

FWIW if Axl did tweet that message I think it was more likely some sort of trump card in negotiations. I could only specualte what they may be but it personally wouldn't surprise me if Axl threatened to cancel the tour if X demand wasn't met and they called his bluff. He cancelled the tour via twitter let everyones blood pressure rise until someone caved and then announced a hack and the tour would continue.

Maybe I'm straw clutching and he flew off the handle or maybe I'm doing Axl a disservice and he was just hacked but the scenario above wouldn't surprise me. In fact if you wanted to scare the shit out of someone and make them think you'd cancel your tour without actually cancelling it then it's the perfect way of doing it.

Sky Dog wrote:

anyone taking odds that Axl won't finish this second Euro tour?

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

FWIW if Axl did tweet that message I think it was more likely some sort of trump card in negotiations.

Yeah, we know he is good at playing 'cards' in that way to get what he wants.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

anyone taking odds that Axl won't finish this second Euro tour?

how old is that tommy comment?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Whether Axls twitter message was genuine or not the one thing this has indicated to me is that everybody within the band, even the 'inner circle' seemed to initially believe it was more than possible.

Of course. We all did at first, then we started to put two and two together. Most of us anyway. You are grossly over estimating these peoples intelligence. Why wouldn't they reach the same conclusion as we did? Why wouldn't they react with even more sense it was true based on their knowledge of computers and the internet? Does it make no sense to anyone here that Axl chose a fucking sucky password? I've made accounts for some people, using the easiest passwords ever, thinking they would be smart enough to change it. They didn't.

I've seen "rock stars" being thrown off the wagon by the simplest of things happening online, from treating 13 year old kids as veteran insiders, to not seeing the difference between an obvious torrent search-add and the real thing. I understand perfectly if Tommy was thrown off by the Twitter deal. It's just not that easy to keep track of this bullshit if you're not on top of it every day, almost every hour.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer