You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Dublin, Ireland - September 1, 2010 (The O2)

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/02/axl-rose- … d-concert/

First time I saw it. He actually comes off pretty cool here, not an ass. Still, everyone is talking about the band showing up late.

Axl Rose shut down a live concert in Ireland last night to yell at the crowd after multiple people fired bottles onto the stage during their performance ... and it was all caught on tape.

Rose -- who literally called for his band to stop playing their instruments during their first song "Welcome to the Jungle" -- warned the crowd that he would pack up his stuff and leave if they kept up the shenanigans.

UMMM second song

Of course, the crowd started to boo ... and Rose eventually walked off stage.

UMMM...no they played 3 more tunes and a second bottle was thrown

We're told the crowd was pissed because the band started their show more than 90 minutes behind schedule.

Wasn't it 40 minutes?

Eventually -- after several concert officials apologized to crowd -- Rose and company came back on the stage and finished the show.

2 people came out to talk to the crowd

still i guess he has reached the "next level" since he's on TMZ....Slash eat your heart out tongue

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

shows the exaggeration of half empty arena and constant boos reported from the media, it was'nt all bad.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Olorin wrote:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8631/cupb.jpg

I think I can see the last of my hopes for a Glasgow date added to the UK tour flying through the air in this picture hmm

Makes me sad as well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Heh, I didn't even read that TMZ report. Just watched the video. Goes back to the radio report that Axl no showed Reading.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

It was 40 mins late. I was front row centre saw it all, I would have walked too. Unreal night though. They were still brilinat,

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Its hard to over-estimate how pissed off people in Ireland are at Axl Rose - its all over the news. Could be a long time until he plays here again

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

Jesus soo much shit goin on here so just to clear all this up.

Danko got off stage round 10:10 having pummelled the same 3 chords over and over with slightly differing lyrics for almost an hour. No one really got into them and each song seemed the same as the last.

The arena was packed out at this point. the house lights went down and Gnr came out around 10:35. People were beginning to freak and everyone seemed so very fucking concerned about the curfew.

Security was absolutely shit, the security guards the least intimidating group of people I have ever seen in my life. There were plenty of instances where people in the crowd were causing trouble and the head security guy put on his "angry face" and shone his faggy little pocket torch at them.....

Fucking idiot. there were a sum total of 8 security personnel one of which was about 70 years old and just sat on a box looking at the crowd and casually chatting with people.

There were cups and bottles flying around the place all night.
I've been to plenty of shows in the o2 and USUALLY they do not hand out bottles they'll pour whatever is in the bottle into a plastic cup and hand that out instead.

The barrier was way to fucking close to the stage. It was about 2 meters from the at the point where the stage protrudes in a circle. Which of course is where Axl was

Forget throwing bottles you could have jumped up on stage with one good pounce if you were retarded enough.

Gnr came out to Huge applause. There actually seemed to be a group of 14 people stage left who all came together and just stood booing all night long both bottles flew from their group.

Gnr opened with Chinese Democracy followed by Jungle, it's so easy Sorry and Mr brownstone.

Axl casually held up at the start of Jungle, to ask people to stop throwning shit, he wasn't an ass, he didn't curse anyone out, he was careful with his wording and even stuttered over a few words as though he felt awkward even having to ask for a basic level of respect. He was genuine.

Bottles cups etc. continued to fly at the stage, but as no one was hit the band continued playing.
After Brownstone when he was walking towards the stage bottle number 2 flew from the group on the left and hit him in the head. He let out a sigh of disappointment and offered a good-bye.

Some girl walked onto the stage after th band left and began mumbling into the microphone she was booed offstage.

Then fat little curly headed asshole bounced out "Please bear with us, were trying to talk Axl into coming back out"..... House lights went up. I turned round to see the upper tiers had emptied out. Gnr's merch people began to offer refunds on T-Shirts  and the 8 security idiots started telling people to go home. I worked my way up to the bar at the from of the stage to hear them telling people to leave.

We left and were outside getting some food when I got a call from a friend saying they were back onstage. I went back in and Fortus was mid bond theme, they had played live and let die and rocket queen while we were outside, the upper tier was filled again and. The bottom filled back up to almost capacity once again over the next few minutes.

On Return Axl ducked back away from the front of the stage, to avoid getting hit. He was sitting up against an amp at one point with a look on his face that said "why are they being mean to me?" Honestly, the man looked heart broken.

BUT he delivered the vocal performance of a life time, the band were on fire too and once again security man number 1 was shining his faggy pen light at people who were throwing stuff.

The band were tight. Axl's vocals were on form.

At the start of the night he had been running round the stage but people being so close to the stage and unpoliced were firing cups and shit as he moved especially the heckler squad to the left.

He deliverd on the show they gave a great eperformance and I can't blame him for not moving.

I do think however he needs to sit down with th band and road manager and work out a strategy for when idiots throw shit.

Personally I think he should have told the crowd "were getting hit with bottles up here so were going to take a 5 minute break for security to sort the problem out, now would be a good time to grab a beer or have a pee, see you in a few" keep it light hearted and playful.

then, when you come out if it happens again, take another 5 minute break. The crowd will get pissed at people throwing stuff, security would be forced to deal with the problem and best of all the Band would have stood up for themselves without penalising the fans who really wanted to see them.

Maybe I'll email Axl and let him know big_smile.

Anyway.. the 11.30 curfew was ignored, and guns played a full set 17 songs, 21 including solos.  Around quarter to 2 in they were still playing Paradise city !!!!! 5

It really was amazing the pyro was amazing, the sound was perfect such a good mix. I think Axls vocals actually improved by him standing in place instead of running round like a lunatic.

I was very happy with the show (even having missed 2 songs sad ) as a band GNR are un-paralleled, best band I've seen in a long long time.

The press is tearing them apart...... Its pretty disgusting, I've lost faith in that industry, they are actually telling bare faced lies! The music radar review says guns left the Venue after 4 songs and NEVER returned........ Fuck em, I had a blast.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

Its hard to over-estimate how pissed off people in Ireland are at Axl Rose - its all over the news. Could be a long time until he plays here again

It's all bullshit. It's mob mentality and people look coll if they say Axl rose is an asshole, there's a hell of a lot of us vs them bs

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Nice review Stepvhen, glad you had a good time.  So were the people saying they left and weren't allowed to re-enter lying or did that really happen in some cases?  Because I've heard that a lot, yet you and others say they WERE able to get back in.  Seems like it was the most confusing gig in GNR's history.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

Thats utter BS. I was one of the last to re-enter, most people were back in time for live and let die. and get this... I didn't even have my ticket! I lost it inside. The guy on the door just said "you really should have a ticket but go on in anyway".

The only way I could see people being turned away is if they were acting like dicks to the doormen. And in that case they don't deserve to be let back in.

It was a extremely confusing. What we had there. Was failure to communicate

Board footer