You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Soundgarden to Write New Music

Saikin wrote:

Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell says that Soundgarden plan on beginning work on new material soon in a new interview with Zane Lowe and the BBC:

“We’re talking about doing that [new music] next, I think we are going to start getting together in a room and writing new material and see what happens.”

He also said that Soundgarden are currently weighing offers about shows to play, but they have not decided on any tour dates yet.

9:mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow... I thought they'd stick with the vault.

Listened to Black Rain again the other day... it's better than people give it credit for.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Crazy shit. If they still plan on unloading the vault AND are going to record a new album and of course eventually tour, 2011 may be the most active year in the band's history.

It's great that they are smart enough to know time's ticking away and they've got a small window to truly be able to kick ass again and not just pull the nostalgia act routine.

That vault needs to be unloaded before the new album.

Axlin08 wrote:

Listened to Black Rain again the other day... it's better than people give it credit for.

That song is one of those songs that's a hit but kinda sneaked itself into the position. It peaked at 30 on Itunes so people are definitely listening to it. Will likely get another boost with the video and of course the game.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Wow... I thought they'd stick with the vault.

??? please...... WHy are people surprised at this?

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

I'm all for new Soundgarden.  And if they are writing soon, perhaps Cornell is in Seattle?  And if Cornell is in Seattle, perhaps an appearance to sing Promise at the upcoming Slash show? 

It's crazy that this all started with a tweet that didn't even mean Soundgarden were reunited.  And now shows, opening the vault, and a new album. 

If only another band could see that time is quickly passing by....

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I'm all for new Soundgarden.  And if they are writing soon, perhaps Cornell is in Seattle?  And if Cornell is in Seattle, perhaps an appearance to sing Promise at the upcoming Slash show? 

It's crazy that this all started with a tweet that didn't even mean Soundgarden were reunited.  And now shows, opening the vault, and a new album. 

They won't Skid row are happy without Bach I'm afraid

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I lol'd.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Saikin wrote:

They won't Skid row are happy without Bach I'm afraid

FUCK! 

I was hoping to see them before they die.

Board footer