You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 2009-10 Chinese Democracy World Tour

Axlin16 wrote:

That's what they should do in the states. It would make more sense to do double shows in major U.S. cities, like NYC, LA, Chicago, couple others, than to have a full blown tour, playing Broken Whistle, Arkansas at the Bull Riding, Tractor Pull, Irrigation & Agriculture Arena.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I just went back through the 2002 and 2006 tours in the US. In hindsight, I will admit they were not a "success". The 2002 tour was cut short due to the Philly fiasco and even then, their numbers were skewed by very successful Canadian shows. In 2006, too many cancelled gigs. There were multiple individual shows that did very well, but they were sprinkled in with multiple shows that underperformed expectations (even my expectations).

So, I am going to look forward as stated and hope they at least try to do it right this time in the States....not Canada, not Mexico, the good ol' US of A.

Yeah, you(and a few others) always tried to paint that as a success when it most certainly wasn't. Even hardcore nutswingers like JB admitted that shows he went to had entire sections of the arena closed off and the couple people up there moved down to the front. Fuck, you could buy front row tickets to the Arco show days before it was canceled, meaning even scalpers didn't want the tickets.

When scalpers don't care, the general public doesn't give the tiniest of shits.

When he comes back here for a full tour, better have an album on the charts with a kick ass single or you're gonna see the exact same results.

Like Axlin08 said, an immediate way to increase the chance of success is to stop scheduling shows in Mayberry and the next night an arena show in Mount Pilot. Never understood the idiocy of that strategy. When you're having trouble selling out the Joint which only holds close to 2000 people in a major city, last thing you need to think about is Mayberry.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Only found out about this now and can only find tickets for the the Birmingham show. Find it real rich calling it a UK Tour though, it's just a 3 show tour of England.

Not sure if I can part with over £50 for a ticket PLUS travelling expenses etc.

sad If I get a show closer to home, say even Newcastle, I'll be on the tickets in no time though.

Edit: If anyone finds any news about shows closer to Scotland please shoot me a PM so I don't miss them.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

It is rich, dunno why they're boycotting us. It sucks baws hmm

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Giving this one a miss, too far to travel from scotland. By the time these shows come around I'll be living on the orkney islands too which will make a gig cost upwards of £200 to attend when counting flights, trains, hotels & gig tix.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:

1st post edited.

AnitaW17
 Rep: 1 

AnitaW17 wrote:

Not long till they finish the World Tour. I bet they cant wait to finish now. They've done well really to make the shows..even though most of them started late..lol. I'm sure after the Australia dates - they will tour around the US next year. As so many American fans have been asking.
I was really glad to make 3 out of the 6 English dates this summer. Reading was amazing (even though there was controvacy about that gig) made it to the front (getting totally crushed by the barrier) couldnt believe Axl came down to meet the fans..was cool of him. Was well buzzing. O2 London (14th) with Duff...totally surprised at the time. Was a great show to go to - full 3 hour set & not forgetting Sebastian Bach. Who rocked 2!!! (so happy that tickets for standing were sold out for the 13th) Did this reunion happen because Axl & Duff happened to stay at the same hotel in London??  I suppose it also helped with Sebastian being there too.
LG B'ham (17th) Managed to get tickets last minute (after O2 London) another great show from them. Even though it wasnt as long as the 02, as Axl's throat was sore that night. But still he did well. Did anybody see on you tube during November Rain a yellow balloon? Bumblefoot picks it up - that was my balloon!!
Yeah they were great concerts & I'm sure everyone who went had a fantastic time too smile
Heard there is a new material already written? Hopefully there will be another album out soon...but knowing GN'R it might be a long wait..lol.
Am new on here...looks like a cool site smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AnitaW17
 Rep: 1 

AnitaW17 wrote:

Thank-you smile Been a GN'R fan since I was 14. Just worked that out now..thats 18 yrs...lol. Thats just made me feel old..lol.
There are great band..my all time favourites smile

Board footer