You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Vote Ask MusicRadar: who is the greatest lead singer of all time?

buzzsaw wrote:

I've always been a Barry Gibb fan myself...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Freddie Mercury destroys that entire list.

It's not even close, the man really is unrivaled. You don't have to like Queen (I do) to appreciate King Mercury.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Yeah, with the best will in the world, Axl doesn't hold a candle to Freddie. That guy had it all - stage presence, charisma, songwriting skills and THAT FUCKING VOICE.

Sky Dog wrote:

Not a big Freddie fan....out of that list my favorites are Axl, Jagger, Bono, Maynard James Keenan, Thom Yorke, Lennon,  Daltrey and Jim Morrison. (in no particular order).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Ozzy isnt on there....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Bono? What makes that list a joke is the fact Cornell isn't on it.

I love how its so lopsided in Axl's favor. It shows that the only place the link is at is the various GNR forums.

Not that anyone cares about his opinion, but Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray was on Stern a few months back and said that Chris Cornell was the greatest singer.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Bono wrote:

Freddy was a great singer but I'm not big on Queen's music so I find it hard to vote for him. He's got a great voice but to be honest it never hit me like some others. I think it's lame that Bono and Eddie Vedder aren't on the list. Not that I'd vote for either one but it's  kinda bush they're not even up there.

I honestly think had the original Gn'R stuck to what they did best, which was kickass rock n' roll and cranked out an epic balled every few years Axl Rose would be the greatest lead singer ever. His voice is so unique and distinct not to mention fucking awesome.

Obviously I really like Bono's voice as well but Axl just had something nobody else did.

yeah he's earned it like

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:

I'm confident Smokey Robinson will somehow find a way to sleep a night, despite this most terrible of setbacks.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Freddie is no.1 for me, Axl in second.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Bono? What makes that list a joke is the fact Cornell isn't on it.

I love how its so lopsided in Axl's favor. It shows that the only place the link is at is the various GNR forums.

Not that anyone cares about his opinion, but Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray was on Stern a few months back and said that Chris Cornell was the greatest singer.

*Runs to Itunes to purchase 'Fly'.....*

I'm confident Smokey Robinson will somehow find a way to sleep a night, despite this most terrible of setbacks.

He kicks ass but I wouldn't put him on a list with John Lennon and Axl Rose.

Always loved this song.....

In 1994 this was in heavy rotation on MO radio stations. It was played like it was a current top 10 hit. Never found out why. I assume it was either on a movie soundtrack at the time(doubtful) or some Smokey nutswinger was spamming radio stations with requests(likely). One of the DJs must have tracked him/her down and killed him because it finally stopped.

Board footer