You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

Bono wrote:

Despit the fact that Slash has had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses' ongoing popularity and success since 1996...

This is the most fucked up thing I have ever heard. Guns N' Roses is ONLY popular because of everything that was done prior to 1992. The vast majority of the people going to Guns N' Roses shows are going in hopes of hearing the old songs and if given the choice would rather see Slash on stage than the new guys. How in denial can Axl and his cronies be?   I swear the guys currently in Guns N' Roses are also probably embarassed about this. This does absolutely nothing but turn people against Axl. he's his own worst enemy by far.

I'm literally blown away by the stupidity of all of this. Who care what Activison did or didn't do the fact is Axl thinks he can erase all connection between Gn'R and Slash. hate to break it to him but Slash will forever be looked at as  big a part of Guns N' Roses as Axl Rose is and by  filing this lawsuit Axl Rose has put so much focus on Slash and his relationship with Guns N' Roses it's not even funny. The simple act of filing this is sabatoge his own case. Honestly the man is such a  fool.

Oh and as for Axl's net worth of $200 million..... BULL FUCKING SHIT! This case is all about money. the dude obviously needs money.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ok all that aside, i truely get what you are saying

but....

Gun N Roses as a legal entity is controlled by Axl Rose, Slash and Duff left the partnership in 1995 and 1998 respectively (or whatever cant recall the year duff left at the moment) so all decisions regarding GnR and its recordings go through Axl....including distribution of royalties and associated fees and debts that GnR has incurred right? Axl was the one left holding the ball when GnR desolved in the 90's it was his responsibility to pay back...or in this instance renegotiate all contracts, and by all accounts the recording and release of CD wasnt fun for anyone involved, yet when Axl finally get the wheels in motion and puts things together to ready the band to return one of his avenues for promotion was presumably to be GH III yet Activision turned around and put Slash in the game in association with WTTJ after Axl's express wishes contrary to that? and to top it off they used WTTJ to promote Velvet Revolver material?

thats a fucked up sitiation, it really has nothign to do with Slash, but they used guns n roses material to promote another band (which i may add was even under a totally separate label than gnr....i wouldnt be surprised if umg was involved in this suit as well)

anyway I'm inclined to side with Axl in this case...if activision renegged on a verbal agreement....but if all he has is verbal communication good luck with the case

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i'm sure that axl's animosity has somthing to do with the lawsuit, but irregardless he still has a case if he can prove what he claims

but think about it...if you were a partner with someone and then that person walked away leaving you with a whirlwind of shit to deal with and then when everyhting started to come together after how ever many years and then that person stepped in to reap the benifits i think it would piss anyone off....just saying

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I can see this case getting a lot of attention. Axl will be called a tool by pretty much anyone who hears of it.

Activision Begins its Campaign of Lies and Deception to Obtain Welcome To The Jungle

Activision sound evil.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No way in hell did the Activision Exec cry like a little bitch to Beta and Axl. They always have to be so dramatic.

Instead of always suing people who do good things, why not do something good yourself?

Rose and Guns N' Roses pursue a forward-looking outlook rather than one that dwells on the past

A quote of the decade contender.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
downliner wrote:

I can see this case getting a lot of attention. Axl will be called a tool by pretty much anyone who hears of it.

Unfortunately whether Axl is right or wrong he will be made out by the media to look like an ass clown for this.

Quoting the lawsuit again:

Nonetheless members of the tabloid media have tended to focus on and mythologize a rift within the band that occured in 1996, when one of the bands guitarist, Saul Hudson, aka "Slash" and Guns N' Roses parted ways.

Umm lawsuits like this tend to suggest that the rift focused on by the media is no myth and in fact it is ongoing.  It's things like this lawsuit that simply provide further tabloid fodder.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

How can the media mythologize a rift when Axl himself referred to Slash as a cancer? That's not even taking those bullshit 2002 rants and other assorted comments into consideration.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

ok all that aside, i truely get what you are saying

but....

Gun N Roses as a legal entity is controlled by Axl Rose, Slash and Duff left the partnership in 1995 and 1998 respectively (or whatever cant recall the year duff left at the moment) so all decisions regarding GnR and its recordings go through Axl....including distribution of royalties and associated fees and debts that GnR has incurred right? Axl was the one left holding the ball when GnR desolved in the 90's it was his responsibility to pay back...or in this instance renegotiate all contracts, and by all accounts the recording and release of CD wasnt fun for anyone involved, yet when Axl finally get the wheels in motion and puts things together to ready the band to return one of his avenues for promotion was presumably to be GH III yet Activision turned around and put Slash in the game in association with WTTJ after Axl's express wishes contrary to that? and to top it off they used WTTJ to promote Velvet Revolver material?

thats a fucked up sitiation, it really has nothign to do with Slash, but they used guns n roses material to promote another band (which i may add was even under a totally separate label than gnr....i wouldnt be surprised if umg was involved in this suit as well)

anyway I'm inclined to side with Axl in this case...if activision renegged on a verbal agreement....but if all he has is verbal communication good luck with the case

Dude enough with the legal technicalites ands such. At some point common sense needs to prevail.  Can't for once people just call a spade a spade. This is nothing more than a  deranged lunatic trying to convince the world that original Guns N' Roses never existed. I mean honestly who the fuck does Axl think people associate Jungle with? Ron? Buckethead? Robin? DJ? Richard?  Hell no, people automatically think of Slash whether his image is consciously seen or not and that is NEVER going to change. This whole thing is such a  joke. If he really wants to distance himself from old Gn'R or erase the memory of old members and such stop milking the old material. It's well beyond my capacity to understand how on earth anyone can side with Axl on this when obviously it's nothing more than a greedy attempt to bank some cash.

the very fact the lawsuit uses this quote ~"Despite the fact that Slash has had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses' ongoing popularity and success since 1996..."~   is more than enough reason for all fans to roll their eyes and just say fuck  Axl on this one.  I mean there's a very legit argument to be made that Slash himself has done more than Axl to keep the Gn'R popularity going.

I love how the irony of it all is completely lost on Axl and his peeps. Simply by doing this they are directing more attention and love Slash's way then Slash could possibly do on his own. Axl bitches and moans about misperception in the media and how Slash has twisted and manipulated everyone yet Axl continues to pull these jerkoff stunts. You couldn't write a more laugable situation. Axl made his own bed long ago and continues to do so. He should just lay in it and STFU cause honestly he looks like such a twat.

It's like the person who sued McDonalds cause the coffee burnt thier tongue. Yeah I guess they had a case but honestly piss right off. This is just beyond ridiculous.  What's next Slash gets sued for using Gn'R images in his Beautiful Dangerous video?  roll

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

idiot

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

the very fact the lawsuit uses this quote ~"Despite the fact that Slash has had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses' ongoing popularity and success since 1996..."~   is more than enough reason for all fans to roll their eyes and just say fuck  Axl on this one.  I mean there's a very legit argument to be made that Slash himself has done more than Axl to keep the Gn'R popularity going.

you may be right and you know that i am a huge fan of slash (as well as axl) i'm just saying that if you try to look at this objectively that Axl may have a case..but at the same time he may not have the amunition to back it up..and he seriously lacks someone that can articulate his stance properly...you're right he does come off as angry and bitter from what you guys are saying about the documents...no i havent read them myself and probably wont... but i really think that if he had someone that could properly sell him a positive PR that shit like this wouldnt happen... not the court case, but the amateurish way that his case appears to be presented

but hey maybe thats the kind of guy he is...even if he had a person in that role he may be the kind of guy that says "i want this exact wording or your ass is grass" who knows....but i know in my office that when there is an important document going out that 4-5 people review it then it goes to the lawyer to make sure we dont shoot ourselves in the foot with anything that we may say...and thats just a small-mid size firm, we are talking about an international brand name here, you'd hope that axl's legal team has his best interests in mind, but either they didnt review that document before it was submitted or they are terrible at what they do

thats my opinion anyway

Board footer