You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: VELVET REVOLVER Zeroing In On 'Younger And Stronger' New Singer - Dec.

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

What exactly does "stronger" mean in this instance? Like as in stronger vocally, or that this guy frequents the gym a fair bit more than Scott did...? 14

Kind of an odd thing to say

Yeah good point. I'd take it to mean someone that has greater range or can do some kind of massive scream or something in addition to his other skills.

Scott is a great vocalist, he has a really good voice, great tone to it, but I'd describe guys like Baz, Cornell and so on as having a 'stronger' voice. Not that I think it's either of them - but that's what I get from the word.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash has to decide whether he wants to continue with VR, or go solo with Myles. I think it'll depend on how much he likes the new guy, but it'll be hard to be involved in VR and his solo project, too. Wonder if he saves some ideas for his second album instead of showing it to the other guys.

Yeah I know what you mean.

In some ways it could work. Like during VR, Myles could do alterbridge, then VR can take a break, slash can regroup with Myles, Matt can do that thing he does with the dancers, Duff can do loaded etc. It could work for a few years but it does also sound like it could lead to scheduling nightmares - then again - slash seems to do better when he's busy - with no periods of inactivity it can help him keep off drugs.

It's interesting musically, like which band gets the 'best' riffs? Then again, it sounds like slash has said a couple of times that the VR writing process is strained at times. So maybe slash is confident that there will be enough VR rejected riffs for his solo project to still be kickass. Given how cool the recent solo project was it seems possible. Maybe the more classic rock stuff goes solo, and the more modern riffs go to VR, but then again, they've all said the next album will be heavier...and now they dont have scott pushing for grunge...so who knows.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Neemo wrote:

or Corey Taylor

Yeah - and he's actually more likely, given how much he's been hanging around with Camp Freddy recently. He doesn't have the Scott vibe, but he's certainly got the vocal chops.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

He'd be perfect. Once you put a name like him on the table. No one else willl ever sufice

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Seems like Corey might be pretty busy already though. I don't follow Stone Sour or Slipknot, but they're both still together right? I'm sure Slipknot will take some time to recoup but still.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I'm a little ignorant about Corey.

Does he have a clean voice as well? I only really know 1 or 2 slipknott songs which I like when in the mood (bad ass drums) but most of the vocals seem to be growled....is that normal for him? The growling thing is something in metal I don't get into much yet.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

typically have to go to Stone Sour for Corey's "Clean Voice" , though the second tune of these has a nice mix...its pretty kickass if you ask me smile

[youtube]6H2G84ga0iU&feature=fvst[/youtube]
[youtube]eEn-nTkbEM0&feature=related[/youtube]

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
smoke wrote:

Seems like Corey might be pretty busy already though. I don't follow Stone Sour or Slipknot, but they're both still together right? I'm sure Slipknot will take some time to recoup but still.

yeah stone sour jsut released an album in 2010

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
smoke wrote:

yeah stone sour jsut released an album in 2010

I thought I read somewhere that Slipknot probably wasn't going to continue except maybe with the occasional live shows.

Edit, Found what I read:
Click Music: You've probably but asked this a million times recently, but do you see a future for SLIPKNOT at the moment?

Corey: Right now, yes and no. To be honest I'm not really looking down the road to making a new SLIPKNOT album because I don't know if I'm prepared to make new SLIPKNOT music without Paul, to be honest. But y'know, I could definitely see us going out and doing some shows for the fans, and for us. But as far as doing a new album it's going to be a while before I'm ready to do that.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

JESSE JAMES DUPREE for VR!!!!! 2011 big_smile

Board footer