You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: New Info regarding CD

Backslash wrote:
Neemo wrote:
bucketfoot wrote:

It's probably not on HTGTH because I doubt even Beta likes Jarmo. Wasn't he somewhat responsible for the some of the leaks? Maybe he's in the doghouse a little?

no...Jarmo knew the songs were out there maybe even had some or all of them before they were public knowledge, but he never has condoned or allowed leaks on his site nor did even allow discussions about them at first...he tried his hardest to keep it all under wraps but too many people were frequenting HTGTH at all hours for it to remain a secret

It's obvious that beta favours Jarmo and HTGTH.  It's the only GNR forum she posts at.  I'm sure if she held some kind of grudge against him, she wouldn't bother and he probably wouldn't be part of the GNR entourage.

It looks like Jarmo is comparing Classic Rock to Rolling Stone.  I'm not sure exactly what he means, but the band must not want this information out if he's controlling its distribution.

Boston George
 Rep: 1 

Backslash wrote:

It looks like Jarmo is comparing Classic Rock to Rolling Stone.  I'm not sure exactly what he means, but the band must not want this information out if he's controlling its distribution.

That guy seriously needs to try getting laid once in awhile.  21

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Boston George wrote:
Backslash wrote:

That guy seriously needs to try getting laid once in awhile.  21

no insults please....the man isnt here to defend himself...besides we dont like insults period wink

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'm optimistic towards a 08 release/leak.

It's gonna be real strange when it actually happens.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

this feels like a bad deja vu from 2006 and 2007.....in both those years....there was a statement like this, perhaps a leak or two to bring morale up to speed....and then it crashed...

her comment "everyone knew that" is nothing but arrogant....who is "everyone"...?....and how did they know?...she sure as hell didn't update us or put out an official press release claiming that....a fan running into replacement guitarists and spreading rumors on the internet is not enough to be considered as a worthy source of information.

i think Beta is talking crap again....just to sound clever and mysterious.....until Universal says "we're releasing it"....its not on....

a housekeeper for a rich rockstar is just not a worthy source of information....and all of this is our fault....we've made everyone remotely associated with Axl a superstar.....we stroke their egos....we treat them like royalty....and this shit goes to their head....and then they start acting like rockstars too...

absolute crap.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
elmir wrote:

a housekeeper for a rich rockstar is just not a worthy source of information....and all of this is our fault....we've made everyone remotely associated with Axl a superstar.....we stroke their egos....we treat them like royalty....and this shit goes to their head....and then they start acting like rockstars too...

absolute crap.

Karma for that . Although she's got the inside track of things I agree about the lauding of Axl's 'relatives'. We hear more from and about them than we do the band.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i saw this on mygnr and posted it on htgth...  as you all know it was removed almost imediately.....:rolleyes:

i mean seriously..   WTF???      this is the most positive and promising thing i`ve read regarding gnr in the last year and he deletes it. are people really supposed to talk about a stolen bike nowadays?? that`s the main reason i rarely post on htgth anymore. there`s simply nothing to talk about. and when there is something to talk about, it gets deleted. it`s annoying to see, how a huge part of what`s happening in the gnr camp(and that really isn`t much anyways) simply never makes its way on htgth. people get to see it anyways....   i`m not going to bash jarmo or anything, but sometimes he really pisses me off!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I received an email from the editor regarding this article

Hi (Neemo),

Yeah, I remember (You and your message board) - how's things?

I've changed the story a bit, actually - basically we were sending the mag to the printers yesterday and I hurriedly told the story to ***, and didn't look at it until this morning.

I felt that the story posted yesterday wasn't entirely accurate: ie, I don't believe they will 'do a Radiohead' - unlike Thom Yorke's crew, the GNR album was (at least mostly) financed by a record company who'll need a guaranteed return. I merely speculated that for such an important release it may seem a little old fashioned to just put it out in the traditional manner.

Everything else in the story is just supposition - apart from the quote from Beta. Needless to say, she didn't want to go into too much more detail.

I spoke to her by phone - about something else, as it happens - but as I was there I asked her about Eddie Trunk's allegation that it was finished but the record company were sitting on it trying to work out way of recouping their money.

She denied that suggestion but said confirmed that the album was finished, adding "everybody knows that" (I think to stress that she wasn't giving me any exclusive).

So to answer your questions:

who are the "unspecified parties" that axl is negotiating with? is it Universal or interscope? a different label? and is it just the release date they are talking about or is it more?

"unspecified parties" was a phrase *** used - I understood her to be talking about the record company (eg "the record's finished and we're in negotiations").

the downloadable album? thats just an idea you guys had for the launch?

As I've put in the new news story (and my comment at the bottom of the webpage), I don't think they'll 'do a Radiohead' - I was just discussing with *** whether just releasing CD in the traditional manner is good enough these days.

and as for chinese democracy being a "christmas album" how late summer are we talking here?

Again, this is just a guess. The idea would be that you tour in the summer, launch the album on the back of that (to healthy initial sales amid loads of hype), keeping it in the public's mind and advertising heavily in the build-up to Xmas to maximise sales.

how did you talk to beta? telephone? email? message board?

Phone. She was kind enough to respond to an interview request I put in. Basically, I've been working on a feature on a year in the making of Chinese Democracy and wanted to check some of the info my source gave me with her. She was very helpful - funny and charming - without telling me anything more than I already knew.

again any info you can give us would be awesome! btw your mag rocks.

(Neemo)

There's nothing more I can tell you really except that I think you'll find our next issue very interesting.

Cheers - best of luck with the new site,

So basically we know now from Beta's mouth, that Universal isnt trying to sell the rights to CD and GnR like Trunk said and that the Album is officially handed in...straight from Axl's personal assistant. Its properly researched with some guesses as to how they think things will unfold. Regardless its awesome of them to elaborate on the article....exclusively for GNRevolution!

Great Work Neemo!!!!

So now it's officially handed in.   Just maybe if they can get the negotiations all figured out, maybe we'll see this thing sometime in 08.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Karma for that.

Board footer