You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Guitarist DJ ASHBA: I Have No Reason To Kiss Axl Rose's Ass

Mikkamakka wrote:

I'd never question Axl's artistic abilities (unlike some here, who are doing this in Slash's case). Axl is one of the greatest songwriters and performers of all time. Period.

My main problem is the time it takes for him to do/finish anything (yeah, Axl decides, it's his band, his life, yaddayadda), and those people who can never learn. Some of the guys I mentioned have learnt their lesson (Tommy, Richard or Dizzy don't talk about GN'R plans and the 'mind-blowing unreleased music' anymore). I know that watching Axl in front of you performing songs/bites nobody has ever heard can be really impressive. But how could DJ, with half a brain, gurantee the fans that it will not take as much time as CD, if he has yet to make a note of new music with the band and all he's doing is the 1994-2001 band routine: sending ideas to Axl, which he might find interesting. I'm sorry, but I feel like it'd be the same vicious circle of the Millenmium GN'R again and again.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Gong wrote:

He is 1000% times more pathetic that robin finck

Not a chance. At least DJ can actually play a guitar.

faldor wrote:

You, and others, keep bringing up previous DJ interviews and twist his words so it sounds like he's lying.

That is absolute bullshit dude.

Why does it benefit me to twist DJ's words?

I'm one of the few cats running around here trying to put the guy over, and playing up his work in Sixx:AM, and talking about how much his GUITAR playing and WRITING would be and WILL BE a saving grace for GN'R.

"That dog don't hunt" - Sam Elliot & James Lofton

Twisting words may be a little harsh, that's why I later said it's a difference of perception.  You're perceiving his words to mean one thing, and I'm taking it a different way.  Now I'm about as optimistic as they come when it comes to this band, but I didn't jump up and down and do cartwheels when DJ was talking about a new album.  Even if I took everything he said like you did and believed it (not that you bought any of it), I still wouldn't be all that excited.  We all know how long it takes for a GNR album to come out, I'm not about to let myself get swept up in all that again.  So I take any and all of this talk with a grain of salt.  Yet, I'll take it over hearing NOTHING.  At least there's signs that the band is moving forward, even if it's at a snails pace.

faldor wrote:

It's all how you look at it I guess.

Now you're right on that.

faldor wrote:

If you take his words at face value and form the opinion that he meant that the whole band was working together on the next album, then yes, he lied.

So what does WE'RE mean to you? That word? DJ and the eight voices in his head?

He actually references that in the interview, what "we're" means.  He was seemingly just joking, and maybe that's what you were referencing, but he said "we're", then caught himself and said "by we're I mean the eight crazy voices in my head" or something along those lines.  Again, if you ARE referencing that, that could be the exact quote, sounds like it.  It seemed to me that he had heard some of the feedback and he did his best to clear up some of the confusion with this interview, for those who were confused.  He explained what "we're" means.  He said they haven't actually gotten into a room with the full band and started work on a follow up album.  He said he has no reason to kiss Axl's ass.

All these things were being questioned by the fans from his past interviews, and he pretty much laid out the answers for you.  I really don't see how him talking positive about GNR is selling anymore Ashba swag either.  His hardcore fans, are from the SixxAM side.  The teenage to twentysomething girls who fawn over his appearance.  THEY'RE the ones buying the Ashba swag from what I can tell.  I like the guy as a player and all, but I could care less about what he's selling and wouldn't be caught dead buying a pair of $200 jeans with his name on it.  I think most GNR fans would agree with me there.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I actually think it was a good interview. 16

And to be honest, if his main priority is selling his stuff, he wouldn't have to join GN'R to do it. He's actually doing better in Sixx AM without all the bullshit.

I think he's an Axl fan, its a big honor for him to be in GN'R and I think he's really excited about it. And I'm sure he's heard the new material and is excited about that.

DJ is DJ, it is what it is. If I hated him I wouldn't read threads about him... Or interviews. Maybe I'm a little sensitive because I was a huge Robin fan and I listened to all the pointless bullshit where people went out of there way to insult him FOR YEARS. Yeah, we know you hate him. You've stated the same point over and over. The bashing was funny at first, now its' a little old hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The bit that confuses me is it seems like many posts are "fuck Axl, he won't work the media to get promoted and current, why wont he just play the game" but then with DJ it's "fuck DK, all he does is work the the media to get promoted and current, all he does is play the game".

He was clearly trying to clarify the last interview here. If he keeps being bashed wholesale and accused of lying when he tells us what he's doing with GNR, then eventually he'll probably stop sharing the info he does. Then we'll have an Axl-esque silence between projects and we'll be able to post "fuck gnr...they don't even tell us anything, they could be sending each other songs and we wouldn't know...fucking assholes" wink

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

The point is, none of them are telling us anything.  They are telling us their pipe dreams and not what actually is going on, which only Axl in his fucked up mind can decide.   DJ is a nobody, a hired gun and nothing else, so in this case yeah, shut up DJ.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think you have been doing much better in regards to DJ, russ. smile

I got to say, those DJ guitars... Good Lord, those cheesy guitars... And matching jeans!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
mickronson wrote:

The point is, none of them are telling us anything.  They are telling us their pipe dreams and not what actually is going on, which only Axl in his fucked up mind can decide.   DJ is a nobody, a hired gun and nothing else, so in this case yeah, shut up DJ.

Thank you. That is a far simpler, steak n' potatoes way to describe what I was trying to convey.

DJ isn't saying - anything. He's simply recycling Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed & Sebastian Bach-cards from years past, telling us how much GLORIOUS stuff Axl has and how amazing it all is, damn dude he's got 4 albums worth of material, and it's SOOO amazing, but... you can't hear it.

Oh yeah, and by the way - i'm recording new stuff and sending it to Axl. And? That's it.

And I have to worry about DJ taking away his 'precious' interviews talking about the new album that's not happening. So if I bitch about it, DJ's gonna take his ball and go home. Right now - who cares. He's not saying really anything. Look at Ron, he's not talking much right now. Want to know why? 'Cause nothing's going on, he knows it, and he's not going to misrepresent that it is...

This is DJ - right now

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/1 … commercial

Substitute the names 'Stan & Kyle' for 'Slash & Steven'

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

I'm half-tempted to re-animate that entire SP sequence using the characters you mentioned.  That was freaking hilarious!

Board footer