You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Anna
 Rep: 8 

Re: Scientists create cow that produces 'human' milk

Anna wrote:

Genetic engineering was used to introduce the “mothers’ milk” genes into the animal before birth, according to the National Institute of Agribusiness Technology in Buenos Aires.
As an adult the cloned cow “will produce milk that is similar to humans” in what will prove “a development of great importance for the nutrition of infants”, it said in a statement.
“The cloned cow, named Rosita ISA, is the first bovine born in the world that incorporates two human genes that contain the proteins present in human milk,” the statement said.
In April scientists in China published details of research showing that they had created GM Holstein dairy cows which produced milk containing proteins found in human breast milk.
But the Argentine team say the Chinese only introduced one human gene, whereas their research involved two genes meaning the milk will more closely resemble that of humans.

The article is a week old but my friend sent it to me so I thought I would post it here too

a cow that produces "human milk" what next? hmm

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … -milk.html

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We'll be seeing much more of this type of thing in the coming years so people are gonna have to get used to it. As far as milk goes, I rarely drink it. Only use milk when I eat cereal or sometimes have a glass of chocolate milk. I can live without both.

Anna
 Rep: 8 

Anna wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

We'll be seeing much more of this type of thing in the coming years so people are gonna have to get used to it. As far as milk goes, I rarely drink it. Only use milk when I eat cereal or sometimes have a glass of chocolate milk. I can live without both.

I don't drink either one. As long as the don't start using animals to make orange juice...I'm good tongue

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

A good glass of ice cold whole milk.... nothing more refreshing.

I don't drink too much of it cause of the fat.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Meh...make me a human woman that produces cow's milk and I'll be interested wink

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Love milk. Gold milk with strawberries. Go with that

Lomax wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah shit is going that way.

If we needed cows milk with that gene in it natural selection (read God if you like) would have provided for it. At this point in time, we don't need it. I see this as pointless, at best idiotic at worst.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Meh...make me a human woman that produces cow's milk and I'll be interested wink

Or a human woman who produces whiskey.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Or a human woman who produces whiskey.

^ OMFG i almost pissed myself 14 karma

Board footer