You are not logged in. Please register or login.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: COREY TAYLOR: "I Guess It Just Wasn't Working Working For SLASH"

WARose wrote:

i see it as the exact contrary. he wore those jerseys and the braids, because he felt like it. the same goes for the music...   and the question why he kept the gnr name is not that easy to answer if you ask me. of course you can argue he did it for the cash, but considering all the shit he constantly gets for it, in my opinion he does it because he thinks it`s the righteous thing to do for him.

i also don`t think slash sold out. both, axl and slash are rock legends and they deserve to do whatever the fuck they want to. it`s the narrow-mindedness of certain fans to say slash sold out because he still wears his tophat and played with michael jackson (one of the most gifted artists to walk on this planet if you ask me by the way), or axl sold out because he wore jerseys and had braids ( something that he certainly didn`t benefit from financially or reputation-wise)

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
WARose wrote:

i see it as the exact contrary. he wore those jerseys and the braids, because he felt like it. the same goes for the music...   and the question why he kept the gnr name is not that easy to answer if you ask me. of course you can argue he did it for the cash, but considering all the shit he constantly gets for it, in my opinion he does it because he thinks it`s the righteous thing to do for him.

i also don`t think slash sold out. both, axl and slash are rock legends and they deserve to do whatever the fuck they want to. it`s the narrow-mindedness of certain fans to say slash sold out because he still wears his tophat and played with michael jackson (one of the most gifted artists to walk on this planet if you ask me by the way), or axl sold out because he wore jerseys and had braids ( something that he certainly didn`t benefit from financially or reputation-wise)

Michael Jackson is one thing, but Fergie? Come the fuck on dude. Not only that, but Fergie butchering SCOM in front of a billion people? Yes, that's a sellout if there ever was one.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks for the Izzy link...i'm checking it out now.

Totally agree with WARose above.

The whole concept of selling out is sort of stupid, given musicans need to promote so people are exposed to their music. But if we have to discuss selling out - to me it would apply if they're randomly appearing on products with no musical connection.

If slash was hosting the price is right without his guitar, if Axl endorsed his own line of toilet paper. That type of thing. These guys are musicians...doing musical stuff is not selling out. If Axl was into NIN or began playing with Synths it's because he became interested in new musical directions.

Likewise Michael Jackson is regarded as a creative genius by many people. And FFS - have a listen to that beautifual emotive solo slash plays on that track. It's not a phoned in peformance.

Might be wrong, but I see the braids as Axl being influenced by and interested in elements of African Amercian subculture and Rap. To me it goes into the same catagories as his other stage outfits - like the bikepants, the kilt - I suspect theres reasons behind them - and his dress sence isn't for everyone but that's Axl...he's always had the balls to do whatever the fuck he wants.

If we were to apply some sort of strict indy logic to it. they all sold out years ago before the fights. When Axl was appering in an MTV contest for his old house, when Slash started showing up at any public event. But that's all bullshit guys - musos need to put themselves out there.

Love them or hate them but to me neither of them are sellouts because you listen to the tracks and it's real.

Sure Axl wears braids but then he writes "This I Love" which is on the level. Ok slash pimps himself out with fergie and stuff like that but then I watch "By The Sword" from the front row and I see slash mouthing every note of the solo as he plays it while he's channeling those bends musically thorough his whole body....

Axl and slash, together or seperate, two great musicans in my book.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
WARose wrote:

Wearing it in 1990 would've been a statement... wearing it in 2002 says absolutely nothing other than a clueless old man trying desperately to still be young and "with it".

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Old man trying to stay hip? Nah, middle aged dude not giving a shit what he looked like. I'm shocked he wasn't wearing white socks and sandles. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'll remember that in 20 years when Axl looks like this...

David+Alan+Coe.jpg

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

I thought Axl wearing oversized baggy clothes in 2002 was a reaction to the shit he got in the 90's from wearing clothes that were too skimpy for him like the bike shorts etc

I'm glad in 2010 he is finally back to wearing clothes that fit him again! 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin08, we agree alot, but there are no Classic GNR moments on CD...  None, good songs? Yes, but Appetite, UYI, etc, those songs STILL get a ton of air play and none of those songs are on albums for sale for $1.99 at best buy.  Guns N Roses is the greatest American Hard Rock Band ever.  I understand the post 1991 argument, but that is like saying what did Jordan do with the Wizards... GMAFB.. hahahaha..  Let me know when songs of CD are played at arenas across the word on a daily basis.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Quantity (in any fashion) has nothing to do with quality.

Creed's Higher gets played at sporting events all the time still, this means it's a great song?

We aren't talking about Creed here. We're talking about Guns N' Fucking Roses. 9

Board footer