You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Rant Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Brilliant post. I'm not one of those pigs who thinks guys and girls can't have entirely platonic relationships. I've had a few. I just think the ground rules have to be set right from the beginning.

I have girls whom i've been really into, asked out, been turned down (polietly), and continued on an even better relationship as friends, because all of that pressure to go out is gone. You can be just straight friends with no baggage. It's wonderful.

There's deep philosophical/psychology conversations that I can 98% of the time ONLY have with a woman. So that friendship is very much needed and desired.

But within a few weeks of knowing someone, both parties typically know what direction it's heading, even IF you're taking it slow. You'll know very soon if your gonna be just friends, or something more could potentially be there down the line.

But women just ignoring it and pretending it'll go away or lying about it... it always leads to heartbreak not just for the person getting hurt, but also for them. They'll look like a total bitch to multiple people, including their own friends, before they even know it. Why? How? Because they avoided an obvious issue and it festered before popping. It always happens, over and over.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Rethinking this more.

My real advice is:

* This sucks real bad but the good thing about Australia is there's so many very good looking girls around. Every shopping centre I go to has girls that look better than models I see on TV. Or maybe that's me. But it's best to move on is the thing - I wouldn't try and engage her in some kind "maybe i'll get another shot" bid - as not only is that most likely setting yourself up to be fucked over worse, but it's clear she's either an asshole or hopelessly stupid - both of which disqualify her as a person you'd be happy with long term. So best thing you can do is swear about this and be pissed off mentally, then go find yourself a new hotter woman wink

* Don't be a dick to her - asside from anything ethical etc - it's your workplace - if you create a perception that you're a dick or not a team player then you fuck up your own career progression etc. This chick has already fucked you over once, don't let it snowball into something worse.

Sorry it happened to you dude though, totally blows.

So that's my advice FWIW, but then take a bottle of salt with it, as if I knew anything about australian women really I'd have a relationship that lasted longer than 6 months wink

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

Hey  hey hey woman haters... we don't all suck. Ask Russ smile

Truly though, I'm sorry for the BS games some of my fellow women play, they're outrageous. I would like to apologize on our behalf...

Any questions? Lol.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You apologized... that's cool enough for me.

I don't ask for much... just a little dignity.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i try to back your kind Stacey 16 I still say that you guys are looking in the wrong places for you women...

now lets really get down to the meat of the situation....i hate kids 14

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Stacey wrote:

Any questions? Lol.

Yes..is it true you all share a hive mind? 16

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I still say that you guys are looking in the wrong places for you women...

My current plan is to talk Stacey into getting her single female friends to join Evo on mass to chat to the well balanced menfolk...

Then I lure one to Australia with talk of exotic animals and the promice that we're all as manly as Russel Crowe and Sam Worthington.

(That's why they became famous outside Australia because they're a dime a dozen here big_smile).

Then I bribe the airline hostess to issue a relaxation tape on the plane with the mantras:

"Talking about GNR all day is HOT, Growing ZZ top style facial hair is HOT, both of these things are HOTTER than Sam Worthington"

Then she lands here all reprogramed and we live happily ever after.

What could possibily go wrong with that plan? 16

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

That's a well thought out plan, I don't see how it could go wrong! Hahahaha

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Monkey has this thing planned way too far out to not be lonely. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

it was reminiscent of an incident from my childhood(also mentioned this at the old site) with another girl(who also happened to be arab)  I was infatuated with(and also the first girl I fantasized having sex with) who moved away one summer out of the blue and I never saw her again either.

I just found this girl.

The internet is man's greatest invention. A device that can track down ghosts from your past and bring closure.

Board footer