You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 'Bring Bucket back to GNR' Facebook Group

James wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=142366604192

Wont make any difference, but any Bucket/GNR fans on Facebook should join as a form of symbolic support.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yup. I still think Axl would take him back in a heartbeat.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If Axl knew he was interested, Ron would be gone in half a heartbeat. No doubt.

Sorry Ron

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I say this as a bucket fan...so don't hate me too much....

But what would brininging back bucket actually achieve?

He is still not slash. 95% of people who don't like the current line up want Slash and nothing else.

His facemask/raincoat/bucket costume gives the band a bizzare stage presence that does nothing to smooth over the "it's not the original GNR from the 80s" vibe that the band already struggles with in the media/fanbase.

While he has written some great music, but he's very inconsistent - no idea what he'll give you on any given track - plus none of his best works were in GNR, there's no soothsayer moment on CD, and 3 songs aside, most of his work on CD was just adding 10 finger tap runs and brief bursts of unusal noises to stuff.

He's also known fot the kind of musical changes and off beat stuff that is directly against the classic GNR sound that most of the fan base seems to directly call for over and over.

Meanwhile, Ron has demonstrated ability to play flashiest of bucket's runs on CD, particularly twat which in the later versions of it live was pretty much note perfect to the record.

Bucket is a great guitarist who I respect deeply, but at this point, I see no real reason at all for him to rejoin GNR.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong, despite the fact that Axl would share his Dr. Pepper with Bucket, I think logistically the ship has sailed.

Bucket was great for GN'R for instrumental prowess, and Axl has this strange love for him that surpasses even Slash in some cases, but the whole GN'R is an alternative band with circus freaks lineup days are over.

Even Axl knows now, with his image, with the band's image, that revisionist, nostagia hard rock is "in", if ANY form of rock is in right now.

Thus DJ.

I've been saying for awhile that Slash would be back before Bucket.

HOWEVER

I still can't help but to say that Bucket IN GN'R is BETTER than Bucket OUT of GN'R.

And as for the Robin thing - disagree. That's the one guy I think Bucket would be back in before him. Bucket actually carries weight with him, his guitar and his pen. Robin carries nothing, not over Slash or DJ.

I think if it came down to Robin, Axl would just bring in guitar #4,987.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I also want to say that if the band roll out a second album that's part of the CD vault... i'd much rather have Bucket playing Bucket's songs, than Ron covering them, not as good - again.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Most people seem to seriously under rate bumblefoots ability on guitar - and I think it's because like bucket before him GNR sort of under utalizes him because of the 3 guitar model.

All I can say is I've had one of his skype lessons and his skill on guitar is absolutely astonishing in an upclose setting...and I doubt he was even trying to impress rather than just demonstate crazy stuff I was asking - but let's just say all politics and bullshit aside - I seriously doubt that there is *anything* he'd be unable to play. He'd seriously have to be one of the best guitarists in the world on technical abilities.

As for my previous post I was probably a little harsh. Let me say I think bucket is also one of the true greats - an amazing guitarist - and when he hits a magic moment on guitar it's some of the best stuff ever recorded. But it never made a lot of sense having him in GNR.

His style is at odd with the entire back catalogue, and the avant garde nature of his work perhpas suits Axl's creative yearnings in his newer works - but still doesn't seem to be able to adapt into anything approaching a traditional rock band setting.

Not to mention by all acounts neither he or nor the majoirty of the band seemed happy trying to make it work.

At this point I see it as we have the best of both worlds. The current line up is a much more cohesive all purpose unit that can deliver the past hits and also the newer works - without the problems of having bucket in the functioning line up - and if he still had masterpieces that he's contributed in the vault with solos and the like then it would seem from the way CD was handled that we'll get to hear them intact with others playing around them anyway.

I'd be happy for CD2 to feature Bucket, Robin, Ron and DJ...now then you'd have some serious firepower on an album.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

]
But what would brininging back bucket actually achieve?

Bucket coming back at this stage could go a long way towards getting the rest of the material released. Axl would be more confident having his favourite axe-man back on board, a guy who composed the solos and can play them as they're supposed to sound. Axl would know that to keep him on board this time, he'd have to do a lot of recording and release albums.

None of the new members can influence Axl to release music, Buckethead could and would. It'll never happen though, unfortunately.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yes cuz GnR released a shit ton of albums when Bucket was in the fold 16

sorry but if the guys arent in the actual partnership then they dont hold any sway...i dont even know how much sway Axl has tbh...when the label and Axl reach a compromise on material and terms then then CD part 2 will come out ... not until

i think the releasing of GnR music is more political than peopel want to believe

Board footer