You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Rehearsals Streaming

Olorin wrote:

The problem with TWAT is there is no pauses between sentences in the verses. Axl even spoke about this during the Eddie Trunk interview on the subject of pro tools, he said something along the lines of, pro tools is handy for altering the speed of the delivery of the vocals, that you can put lines together so that it sounds like your singing faster.

Axl would never be able to pull TWAT off "back in the day", check out the ending to the live versions of Coma - once the pace in the vocals picks up he starts to struggle cause theres no pauses to breathe.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

All singers know that to be able to deliver like Axl did back in the day for two years of touring is a frickin' miracle.

He should be a mute at this stage!!

He has nights where he's on top form and nights where he's not, I think thats perfectly understandable, he's a human fucking being.

I thought he sounded killer for much of the 06 tour, but theres just as much footage out there of nights where he didnt. Thankfully the show I was at he was out of this world, what a performance 9

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

it amazes me how opinionated people are on axl's vocals - past and present - and yet how few clearly know a damned thing about singing.

TWAT is leaps and bounds more difficult to sing than paradise city.

axl is human but for what he has lost with age he has made up for (and then some) with improved technique and maintenance of his instrument.

he can't scream with the same power he did in the 90's but he never could've sang TIL in the 90's like he does now.

from 2002 forward he has improved his vocal strength and the consistency of his performance every tour.

IMO he's as consistent today as he has ever been.

I don't know of any singers in this genre that don't have off nights and none of them have asked their vocal chords to do what he does.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
war wrote:

it amazes me how opinionated people are on axl's vocals - past and present - and yet how few clearly know a damned thing about singing.

TWAT is leaps and bounds more difficult to sing than paradise city.

axl is human but for what he has lost with age he has made up for (and then some) with improved technique and maintenance of his instrument.

he can't scream with the same power he did in the 90's but he never could've sang TIL in the 90's like he does now.

from 2002 forward he has improved his vocal strength and the consistency of his performance every tour.

IMO he's as consistent today as he has ever been.

I don't know of any singers in this genre that don't have off nights and none of them have asked their vocal chords to do what he does.

No shit TWAT is harder to sing i said he cant sing paradise city as good as he could i still think he is great for his age just not in this prime anymore

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Nice one retard could you find a worst show why didn't ya put the one from the Freddy mercury concert up

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

If axl was as good as he was in the 90's he wouldn't be playing in theaters you just need to face it he's had his day he'll never release another album I'll put my balls on that

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer