You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Bach describes new Axl/Dj song concept...

monkeychow wrote:

I might get canned for this...

But seeing as we're talking a bit of shit in this thread anyway....I was thinking today...what would be cool would be like interaction between the old band on a casual recording basis.

Hear me out on this.

Axl wants/needs to come on stage late sometimes, cancel shows. That shit pisses slash off - but that doesn't have to happen if you don't tour together. Being in a band that doesnt tour won't work for slash - but as long as he gets a tour with his slash-project then he could "guest" on an Axl based track just the way he currently guests on Lenny Kravitz albums and so on.

Likewise, Axl seems to enjoy new textures in his music. It's clear he's into protools and mixing and a lot of things as well as singing these days. So writing whole albums of classic rock tracks, and having to fight to add synth and the stuff he likes is going to piss him off. But I'm sure that doesn't mean that when he's done all his ballads and his industrial pieces that he never ever has space for a new rocker.

I know it wouldn't at all be like GNR 88 or whatever.

But I'd like to see the "musical casual sex" version of GNR where like there's no band - but sometimes when slash busts out a riff like "Watch This" he can send it over to Axl who can come in at 4am and turn it into a "Locomotive". Or when Axl busts out a particularlly awesome piano ballad or whatever he can send it down the line to slash who can put some "Estranged" style guitars on it.

But if they only did it when there's a begging musical need for the other guy then like they dont have to shit each other off all day, and they don't have to deal with each other's dramas. Slash doesn't have to worry about Axl's mood, and Axl doesn't have to concern himself if Slash is two faced or relapsing or whatever things have been said about each of them over the years.

In my dream world this would happen in addition to their other works and not instead of them.

Slash can tour and write with myles normally. And Axl can do his thing with DJ, Bumble and Chris and the lads and explore ways to push his creativity further and so on.

Cos truth be told I'm excited about that shit too. The idea of Sixx:Am style production with Axl's level of emotional complexity really interests me. And i'm in the minority on this one, but I think Myles and Slash just may nail this next record.

So it could be a real live and let live concept. They could have the best of the other guy without the problems and not be trapped creatively and personally into life with them.

But I guess that's just a fanboy pipe dream and totally unrealistic.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The thing is, Slash would find some excuse for it not to work.

I honestly don't think Axl would probably be that opposed to it, beyond his perfectionism that he applies to everything.

Slash is kind of like a more Axl-ish version of Izzy. He lays a track down, and then sits on it for just a tad to see if it needs something, he decides no, and boom it's finished.

I know you're just fanboying, but I guarantee you if Slash recorded a thing or two, and Axl rounded it out, then put it in the vault for a few years, you'd have Slash bitching in every other interview how Axl's sitting on his material. Then the lawsuit would come saying how Axl is costing him royalties.

Then in the alternate universe where Axl takes it, wraps it up quick and drops it...

You'd still have Slash complaining how he's having to share the GN'R spotlight with guys who are not GN'R players. Slash isn't Izzy or Duff. They'd do that. Slash would find some THING to complain about, something to send it down.

The guy just flat out doesn't like Axl's way of doing stuff, then, now, and forever. Axl brings it on himself, but it is what it is.

I'd love to just have all that music of varying different stuff under the GN'R name... but let's be honest... if it happened -- i'd completely skp the DJ/Ron stuff. Skip it. If i'm listening to a new GN'R album with guest appearences from Slash, Izzy & Duff, you think i'm gonna fucking give a shit about the DJ tracks? It could be Estranged II. I think the one guy that I would be willing to give consideration on the same level of the old guys, would be Tommy, and obviously Dizzy.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And I say that with all the love in my heart, to all of the band members that might visit this place, and then click out immediately after reading Bono's posts.

Why would the band members click out after reading my posts? I've supported the BAND for years and have even been vocal about how 'd love to see this band record their own album and find a singer who's willing to be productive. the only one I ever bag on is Axl and even when i do that I still admit he's one of the greatest frontmen of all time. Axl's a big boy guys I'm sure he can handle me calling him a  fucking clown when it comes to is professionalism because fact is he is a clown and deep down he's knows it as well.  artistically and  talent wise the guy is amazing so... whatever. If Axl logs in and has issues with me he can handle it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Replace Axl Rose, and you'll see!!! Yeah i'll see alright, DJ on Nikki Sixx' cock, Ron teaching classes in BFE, New York, Richard singing Hole covers for a living, Frank reciting "would you like fries with that?", and Chris playing backup keys for Asia.

Hey, hey, hey, Mothergoose is VERY respected by his peers, like Maynard and Trent. But Mothergoose does what Mothergoose wants to do. Axl is lucky to have him and I think its a great partnership considering where Axl's direction is now.  Those Lusk/Replicant albums are fan-fucking-tastic.  The Sex tapes was very cool, too.

For Ron... Listen to this, ignore the vocals and other instruments, just listen to the guitar riffs at the beginning and the solo, and imagine Axl pushing him to make it perfect.

I'm trying to imagine this on top of a DJ song.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I think the gnr next album could be a literary piece by sebastian called 'Use Your Imagination'.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And I say that with all the love in my heart, to all of the band members that might visit this place, and then click out immediately after reading Bono's posts.

Why would the band members click out after reading my posts? I've supported the BAND for years and have even been vocal about how 'd love to see this band record their own album and find a singer who's willing to be productive. the only one I ever bag on is Axl and even when i do that I still admit he's one of the greatest frontmen of all time. Axl's a big boy guys I'm sure he can handle me calling him a  fucking clown when it comes to is professionalism because fact is he is a clown and deep down he's knows it as well.  artistically and  talent wise the guy is amazing so... whatever. If Axl logs in and has issues with me he can handle it.

I was joking.

Part of the reason I threw your name in there is because the perception of you and people like you is part of the problem.

"Don't boo honesty" - Johnny Rotten

Pretty much says it all. If what you're doing is sucking, calling it that doesn't make you a hater. But someone criticizing your honesty when it's obvious, does make them a nutswinger.

jmo

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Replace Axl Rose, and you'll see!!! Yeah i'll see alright, DJ on Nikki Sixx' cock, Ron teaching classes in BFE, New York, Richard singing Hole covers for a living, Frank reciting "would you like fries with that?", and Chris playing backup keys for Asia.

Hey, hey, hey, Mothergoose is VERY respected by his peers, like Maynard and Trent. But Mothergoose does what Mothergoose wants to do. Axl is lucky to have him and I think its a great partnership considering where Axl's direction is now.  Those Lusk/Replicant albums are fan-fucking-tastic.  The Sex tapes was very cool, too.

For Ron... Listen to this, ignore the vocals and other instruments, just listen to the guitar riffs at the beginning and the solo, and imagine Axl pushing him to make it perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO5FwajaMk4

I'm trying to imagine this on top of a DJ song.

I like Chris too, and think from day one he had a big hand in the direction of CD. He's also got tons of seniority with the band at this point.

But I do think there's a good chance none of us would've ever heard of him had he not been in GN'R.

Then again the same could be said for Axl Rose, hehe.

As for Ron, I agree. Been saying it. Riffage and just solos, just bit writing -- he's fine. Writing whole complete songs - no.

Scabbie wrote:

I think the gnr next album could be a literary piece by sebastian called 'Use Your Imagination'.

14 16

Board footer