You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: to clear the air

war wrote:

cheers neemo and karma for no reason other than the fact that i love you and the spirit you and your posts bring to this forum.

there's nothing i hate more than seeing 2 on 1, 3 on 1, 4 on 1, etc.......people piling on top of someone, especially someone as yourself who is just looking constructively at the positives.

the rio thread, like most other on this site, is based on music appreciation which is a subjective concept in which you got raped for your opinion which should never happen.

my opinion is the show was terrible....on all accounts. anyone who wants to find positives in in the show can because axl and the band are brilliant and there will always be highlights in their worst performances.

you bring attention to this fact and i applaud you for doing so within adversity and I shun the select few who piled in on you for doing so. i'm all for freedom of opinion and speech but it is disgusting to watch member after member flame you and ali for exercising yours.

ladies and gentlemen, that's how you respectively disagree.

Sky Dog wrote:

well done sir....

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

In almost 10 years, I've never Insulted anyone on these forums... well maybe Adz and Jim Bob but c'mon.. no one can blame me for that shit.

Sky Dog wrote:

I started out on burgundy
But soon hit the harder stuff
Everybody said they’d stand behind me
When the game got rough
But the joke was on me
There was nobody even there to call my bluff
I’m going back to New York City
I do believe I’ve had enough
done trollin' for the night.....continue on with the mindless banter...see you in the ATL D if the show actually happens. cool

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

oh yeah!! can't wait!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

ok i took alot shit the other day fo my assessment of the RIO gig and my opinion of what i saw...first off i wanna clear the air that i have no ties to gnr AT FUCKING ALL, i email bumble from time to time with passing comments, like "get beter soon dude" or "askign for guitar advice" or whatever i havent even emailed him in about 3 or 4 months anyway...GNR is NOT touring Canada this time around so i have no "motivation" for "perks" and for you guys to even suggest the notion the other day frankly pissed me off..you guys dont know me personally adn you dont know my motivcations, but i want to stop the idea that i suck at the teat of axl rose or however it was put forward in the rio thread

i think it was olorin that said that he has reached a point where he has no interest in watchign fan vids...

dude you guys make me feel like i'm no more than a passing fan of this band

I listen to a gnr album like once every 3 or 4 months, i rarely watch live vids...the odd standout that someone posts i will watch most of it...all of it if it is really good, i can prolly cound on one hand the amount of live shows i've watched on the internet (RioIII, Rio the other day, St Louis Riot) that is prolly the extent of the full shows i've seen online tbh...i've also see the ritz 88 show, the paris ppv and the tokyo vids...then the odd single track here and there, i havent listened to TSI in about, fuck i dunno, 5 years, i havent listend to live era since it came out...the extent of my Fandom is talking about gnr on here ... being perfectly straight with you now....anyway the point of the rambling is that, imo, you dont have to go balls deep to enjoy the band when you do pop a CD in or when they come round once every 4 years or so on tour, or watch the odd live performanc, or hear them on the radio or whatever

i've always thought that you guys who watch every concert, or listen to albums everyday are a bit obsessive...but hey if you like it who am i to say dont do it

but thats not me, thats not where my fandom comes from, i like GnR they are great and i can get enjoyment from most any era, i see positive aspects and negative aspects and stuff...i have jsut taken a stance lately of "why dwell on the bad" cuz even i n a bad gig there are still highlights...lifes too damn short to get worked up over trivial bullshit or to live in the past...done is done, live in the now...its nice to remenice (sp?) but i prefer to jsut go with the flow...if  that makes me an enabler or whatever so be it...every show i've seen the band play live has been entertaining...thats enough fo me, and live atmosphere at a gig is nothign to what you get on a video...internet HD or live stream or TV...i bet the rio gig was a great show if you were there live....scrutinizing at home yeah its easy to sit there and notice every single fuckup, but i dont work that way, i notice clips snippets and sections that were pulled off very well, by a couple guys or the unit as a whole, like i said i can enjoy a performance without it having to be spotless, i can enjoy and can pick out different instruments in the mix and admire that particular section or whatever "yeah that part sucked but watch this part its killer....did youhear that? at about 1:30 that was bad ass" it drives peopel i know crazy

as for hoping for 3 new songs and a few song never before played by the band...get a fuckign grip, we all know how the band works anymore, new songs will come out or be played live when it happens...sitting and bitchign about them not doing it or complainign about nostalgia tours or whatever isnt helping or changing anythign

my 2 cents love it or leave it, sorry for the long post

[youtube]arym0cBpRL8&feature=related[/youtube]

johndivney wrote:

savage did have a fistful of flaits trunks for the pin tho
still have this on vhs somewhere neutral

Board footer