You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Santiago, Chile - October 5, 2011

wow I still can't believe how good Estranged sounds.  Thats an amazing video!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Bringing back Estranged is the coolest thing they've done as a band, outside of new music obv. I'm pleasently surprised too by the peformance. Musically it's tighter than the old band ever was, although the absence of Slash' touch is felt. Axl is not in top form though. To be frank he doesn't do justice to the song here.

But it's the second show and he already shows signs of improving.

russtcb wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

wow I still can't believe how good Estranged sounds.  Thats an amazing video!

Here here. While I don't doubt the talent of these guys, I was still kinda worried about actually hearing it from them. I'm so glad Ron is handling most of the solos.

I dont' doubt it either, I just never liked the song live in the past.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Me either

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Wow! This is pretty sweet!

Various clips from youtube of Estranged, mixed together! 9

[youtube]d5n6c1Q8DOQ&feature=player_embedded#[/url]![/youtube]

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I must be hearing something different then.  All I hear is Axl being out of breath as usual and the other guys just trying to replicate something, stripping it of all feeling and personalty that it has.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mickronson wrote:

I must be hearing something different then.  All I hear is Axl being out of breath as usual and the other guys just trying to replicate something, stripping it of all feeling and personalty that it has.

Agreed.  It's not bad, and Axl couldn't do the song in his prime, so it's not too surprising he struggles with it.  I think they nail almost all the notes, but there's no feeling to it. 

Honestly they do a better job than I expected.  I didn't want them to play Estranged because I always felt it was Slash's song as much as it was Axl's.  Hearing it played by this band just confirms how much he owned the song.  It proves what I said all along: you can find someone to play the notes, but you can't replace the feel and the style Slash brought to the band.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer