You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:

You have no idea then Axlin, sadly that isn't the only time that happend. It's almost shocking that he's still kicking at this point.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I knew he had addictions, but it's so common in wrestling. Everytime I see him, he seems to be straight.

I didn't know he was basically in Jake Roberts-territory.

AtariLegend wrote:

3 totally throw-away PPV's in a month before "Survior Series" one of the few actual big guns, is insane.

Night Of Champions
Hell In The Cell
Vegenance

To add insult to injury 2 weeks before Night Of The Champions the first of the was a below average SummerSlam with only 4 advertised matches before hand.

Are there really hardcore Amercian fans that spend almost $600 a year on that? *Yikes*

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I actually haven't watched much the past month and am pretty content without it.

They lost me the way they blew the CM Punk angle.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

3 totally throw-away PPV's in a month before "Survior Series" one of the few actual big guns, is insane.

Night Of Champions
Hell In The Cell
Vegenance

To add insult to injury 2 weeks before Night Of The Champions the first of the was a below average SummerSlam with only 4 advertised matches before hand.

Are there really hardcore Amercian fans that spend almost $600 a year on that? *Yikes*

Probably. It used to amaze me the people that would spend money (my uncle was one), that would drop $40-60 bucks every 1-2 times a month (WWF, WCW, ECW) on these things. I guess in hind sight, he was watching them during a "Golden Era" of sorts for wrestling. But at the time we didn't know that it would turn to shit the way it did, nor did we know in a few years that McMahon would buy WCW and eventually ECW.

I still know people that do it, but the ones I know are handicapped, don't leave the house much, and the only entertainment they look forward to are these PPV's, no matter how crappy they are.

It's sad. When I was in my wrestling phase in high school, SummerSlam used to be a fuckin' SHOW! In those days there were always great cards.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

//Wow, man... I just teared up

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It's a fucking shame. Post more about it later.. Sucked to watch. Really bad shape.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Is it just me or is wrestling the biggest "sport" in America? It's always the biggest sport thread on forums. Why does nobody care about football or baseball? Or is it just not as interesting to talk about?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

fucked up...XPac looks rough too

Board footer