You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: ASHBA: When You Come To A GnR Show, You Know There's A Danger Element

johndivney wrote:

this idea DJ's songwriting will make them 'relevant' or 'put them on the map' makes me nauseous.

ok, bucket & finck didn't  produce the quota of great GnR songs but DJ is a step backwards. a retrograde mercenary. @ least bh/finck brought something fresh to play & expand the GnR style.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i guess it really depends on what you like as music

if you want GnR to move in the way of Primus and NiN, Manson, Zombie, Korn and that kind of late 90's Industrial Metal schtich all mashed up with Orig GnR then Bucket and Robin are likely up your alley...if you are into the more hard rock sound of where GnR came from , classic rock extending and expanding on zeppelin, stones, aerosmith etc etc then Bumble and Dj are likely a duo more suited to your tastes....richard is a perfect 4rd guitarist in that respect as he is versatile enough to fill in where he it is needed most in whatever style suits

I will always stick to my guns that the difference in talents of BH and BBF are so miniscule that its almost pointless to compare them...both are frighteningly amazing guitarists

DJ is more of an 80's-90's hard rock guitarist with the image and attitude to match, he is a direct throwback to guys like Slash, Mars, Snake, CC et al...i love it thats where i come from 9

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:

DJ only emulates Slash image he is like an EMO SLASH not original and boring.
His solo spot at Rio was so cheese and.......eh.

The line up with Finck blows this line up any day any time by far..
Cudos to Ron the guy does a great job!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

DJ has never written a song that comes close to being on the same level as Better.

That was a good interview with him, though. But now I'm convinced he's trying to copy Slash on stage.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

The only danger element of a GNR show is the danger of missing the last train home.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

DJ has never written a song that comes close to being on the same level as Better.

I love some of his Sixx AM stuff ... LotBP and Life is Beautiful are awesome tracks, i would even suggest that they are at the very least on par with Better in terms of quality 22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Better...i dunno it has its moments ... but its not the best ANYTHING ever 16

there are 5 or 6 songs on CD alone that i would rank higher than that track

Madagascar, Street, Catcher, TWAT, Scraped, IRS

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

DJ bashing has jumped the shark.

And I'm not even a fan of his.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm being totally serious here: could someone show me a solo DJ has recorded/written that's on par with Robin's TWAT, Better and TIL solos? Being completely serious, not sarcastic. I'd really like to hear some of his best solos off of any album or song he's recorded.

Board footer