You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

i won the 6 to 1 payout on the Giants winning by a 1 to 6 point margin.   I'm going to go get a hooker.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Amazing game. I predicted the upset, but this is a game for the ages. Pats looked terrible all night, but thats because the Giants came to play. They didn't roll over like every other team did this year. Giants D should be the SB MVP. They did what had to be done to beat NE: Get in Brady's face on almost every down. When Brady cant take a nap in the pocket before passing, he gets really frustrated and cant establish a rhythm.

Eli has proved the doubters wrong this playoff season. He has been clutch since the season ended, and although a bit nervous in the first half of the game, regained his poise and led the team to victory. Coughlin's job has also been saved.

One other thing, this SB had the worst commercials in history. The insane ratings for the SB will start to go down because a ton of people who hate football watch it only for the commercials.

James

James wrote:
Tommie wrote:

That might have been the weirdest ending to a super bowl ever.

Yes, very unconventional, but its the biggest upset in sports history. There was bound to be chaos.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!   The dream IS DEAD!!! I can hear hearts breaking and it's beautiful.

The Pats had a very good season. That's all. The Giants, on the other hand, are WORLD CHAMPIONS.

The past 10 years have had some amazing super bowls, and this is one of the best ever.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Great game, a real Super Bowl that held the excitement to the end. Congradulations to both teams who played hard all year long.  No fan of either team has anything to hang their head about...this year the two best teams in the NFL played in the Super Bowl.

James

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!   The dream IS DEAD!!! I can hear hearts breaking and it's beautiful.

The Pats had a very good season. That's all. The Giants, on the other hand, are WORLD CHAMPIONS.

The past 10 years have had some amazing super bowls, and this is one of the best ever.

I agree, although the first half was a snoozefest, but the Giants needed it to be a snoozefest to stay in the game. Amazing that the Giants D held the highest scoring offense in NFL history to 7 points in the first 3 quarters, and only allowed one TD in the 4th. For a good chunk of the season the Pats were averaging 40+ a game.

Next season will be interesting for the Pats. Normally they go on a decline after going to the SB, even when they win. If that streak holds up(which goes back to the mid 80's), Pats might not even be playoff contenders next year.

Teams like the Bills and Browns can make their mark next year.

Pats have to address their running game ASAP. Passing teams rarely win SBs, and that point has been hammered in once again tonight.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'll bet more than 100M people watched this one.

James

James wrote:

Quick question: Anyone think Belichick's decision to go for it on 4th and 13th instead of attempting a long FG  changed the tone of the game? This happened relatively early in the game, but the decision showed the Giants that the Pats weren't interested in playing a close game. They wanted to go for the jugular and kill the Giants early. The decision wound up playing a crucial role in the game.

Fucked up move by Belichick.

I'll bet more than 100M people watched this one.

Its probably the most watched SB ever. No matter who won, history was being made.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

great game...kinda bummed but giants played really good especially the D...and Eli was amazing at scrambling..i had no idea he was capable of that kinda stuff...and he held on to the ball in pressure isntead of making dumb passes...he even rebounded after a couple piss poor possessions...i think Eli has just had his breakout season.

Brady just didnt get anything...the G-Men pass rushers were unreal

the decision to go for the 4th and long was bad but its been a play that has worked well for them all season so its not surprising....hind sight is always 20-20

and bilicheck did go out and congratulate Coughlin...there was one second left on the clock when the feild was overrun there for a few minutes and thats when they did the handshake hug good game thingy

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:

the second half of that game kicked some major fuckin ass!!!!

I was going nuts during the Giants final drive, especially Eli being able to break free and launch the ball down field and have Tyree make that increadible catch

great game and great win for the G-men smile

Board footer