You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

I went to pick up my winnings and they already had the props for the 2008-2009 Champion up and ready to take bets.   Patriots pay 4:1 while the Atlanta Falcons pay 150:1 and the Arizona Cardinals pay 200:1

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, Belichick is getting some shit for his handling of the end of the game. I don't really blame him in this case because the scene was just absolute chaos. The field turned into a warzone even before the clock could go to zero. Everyone knows in the NFL that you wait to do any of that celebrating shit until the game is officially over. Emotions were high, and I don't really blame Belichick for abandoning his team out there(he did leave after the premature handshake).

Yeah, Eli just had his breakthrough season. He picked perfect timing regarding that because most people(including myself) were writing him off as a failure. We'll have to see how he progresses after this.

Like I mentioned earlier, Pats have to immediately start looking towards the draft or the free agent market for a running back.

Imagine how Tiki Barber feels. He retires early, then the Giants win a SB. I felt bad for Shockey. Had to watch the game instead of be a part of it.

James

James wrote:
briggsy wrote:

the second half of that game kicked some major fuckin ass!!!!

I was going nuts during the Giants final drive, especially Eli being able to break free and launch the ball down field and have Tyree make that increadible catch

That was one of the best catches in history.

I went to pick up my winnings and they already had the props for the 2008-2009 Champion up and ready to take bets.   Patriots pay 4:1 while the Atlanta Falcons pay 150:1 and the Arizona Cardinals pay 200:1

Go back down there and pick the Cardinals. They barely missed the playoffs this year, and considering that shitty division they are in, could easily be the sleeper team next year like the Giants were this year.

Jameslofton wrote:
briggsy wrote:

the second half of that game kicked some major fuckin ass!!!!

I was going nuts during the Giants final drive, especially Eli being able to break free and launch the ball down field and have Tyree make that increadible catch

That was one of the best catches in history.

Go back down there and pick the Cardinals. They barely missed the playoffs this year, and considering that shitty division they are in, could easily be the sleeper team next year like the Giants were this year.

hell yea, put down $20 that I would have otherwise spent on something like pizza or beer.. this time next year, the Cardinals win, I make $4000. 5

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Hell yeah!!!! World champions!!! Our D came to play and when we needed the points, Eli took the team down the field. Eli to Tyree will go down as one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history. For Eli to get out of what looked like a sure sack, then escape and throw it downfield, only for Tyree to make an absolute amazing catch...WOW! I knew Eli had it in... That was the best game in Giants history for me. There were some good ones in the playoffs this year, the upset against Dallas (sorry Jerry Jones!... TO crying), upsetting  Green Bay, and then this. Wow, I am still speechless.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

OH HELL YEAH. 5 9:mosh:

My voice is shot. I drank eniough beers and ate enough wings for a season. Had the victory jagerbombs.

I don't think the first half was a snoozefest it was good football. The Giants D set up the win. They played amazing. To hold the Patriots to only 14 points and 7 in the first half was "perfect". I called the Giants SB win when they first made the playoffs and my friends thought I was nuts but I got the last laugh. When this team clicks they are great. Eli found his groove. He was a animal in the pocket and the Giants will forever owe Tyree for that catch. Great time control by the giants as well in this game. All the Patriot love is over and thank God. an especially special win since they are also a Boston sports franchise. Everyone said it when it comes to Brady you have to rush him hard and that's what happened and he looked average. The Pats played hard though. They got out played. Big win for true Giants fans who never gave up hope.. Sure there were negative comments about Eli but in the end he pulled through. Without the win he would have gained my respect. Oh and Fuck Tiki barber.

Just won 425 bucks too.. Damn good night. 9

James

James wrote:

Yeah, Brady is like Montana in the sense that if he has great pass protection and the blitz gets picked up, he can pretty much score at will and look invincible. Blitz him constantly and knock him on his ass and he starts looking VERY average at best. Brady is even worse than Montana when taking the heat because Montana never got frustrated. He kept coming at you trying to win and as long as you didn't knock him out of the game, he'd bring them back. Brady gets really frustrated and it shows immediately in his gamemplay. Notice how he wasn't changing the plays at the line all the time and was flustered by the pass rush and wasn't telling his line who to pick up. He couldn't deal with what was going on. Pats were expecting a 50-10 cake walk and were screwed when it became obvious early on that the game was gonna be won in the trenches, and the Pats had no one to play at that level.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Pride and Glory... Great night, huh?! I'm with you man, I love that "snooze fest" in the first half. I love old school Giant defense. And as someone who stuck by Eli throughout it all, like yourself, this is so sweet!

GO GIANTS!!!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dont think the 1st half was a snooze fest either

James

James wrote:

I didn't mean it actually put people to sleep. It was grind it out, low scoring, defensive football. The kind of game Giants and Bears fans are accustomed to, and the type of game high scoring flashy teams cant handle. This type of situation is why the Pats needed a big time RB in the huddle, and if they don't get one next year, will suffer a similar fate but probably much earlier than the SB.

The blueprint was shown how to beat this team weeks ago, and the Giants were the first team to actually implement it. Pats are gonna have to make some changes in the offseason(which starts today).

Board footer