You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Secret Santas paying off layaway bills

slcpunk wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

^^

I used to do that stuff too. Just kinda swing in under the radar, contribute and leave.

I got some sort of college volunteer award at some show, I no showed.

I'm not un-appreciative of it, I just don't do it for that. A simple "thank you" is all that I require.

If you're doing something for the thanks, you're doing it for the wrong reason.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No, you're not.

People still need to be appreciative of your efforts. Even if it's one person.

My time is important to me too. I don't have to be there.

I don't see a "thank you" as that difficult. Even if you don't fucking mean it.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Cramer wrote:

If you're doing something for the thanks, you're doing it for the wrong reason.

No! You need to know that the person who was on the receiving end of your generosity understands that usually you don't get things handed on a silver platter in life. A "Thank You" for a selfless act is the minimum you have to expect or you know you've wasted money on a spoiled little brat that takes everything for granted.

It's not about being thanked, it's about ensuring yourself that you didn't give a fair amount of cash to someone who doesn't value or deserve it.

Doing something selfless and not getting thanked is not going to stop me from doing it in the future, but I'll be damned if I ever do that specific person a favor ever again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And believe me, i've been there on the other side of a soup line or free handouts.

You'll see 50 people come in, all entitled, all demanding you do this you do that, for nothing in return.

And then you'll get that one who shakes your hand or hugs you and cries thanking you.

Trust me... I do it for THEM, not those other mother fuckers. And that's what they are -- mother fuckers.

They're starving and you're giving them soup to eat, and they complain that it's chicken noodle and not tomato, and don't thank you.

That bothers me.

Ultimately like all things in life, most people even poor ones a fucking waste of air. I do it for the the rare good ones. The ones that don't deserve that brush. And trust me those... they don't have to thank me. I can see in their eyes how much it means to them.

Board footer