You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Feb. 9th-10th caucuses/primaries

James wrote:

February 9

Guam Republican caucuses

Delegates: 6 unpledged delegates at stake

Kansas Republican caucuses

Participation: Closed (registered Republicans only)

Delegates: 36 pledged delegates at stake

Louisiana Republican and Democratic primaries

Republican participation: Closed primary

Delegates: 20 pledged delegates possibly at stake

Democratic participation: Closed primary

Delegates: 56 pledged delegates at stake

Nebraska Democratic caucuses

Participation: Closed. Any voter can, however, register as a Democrat at the caucus.

Delegates: 24 pledged delegates at stake

Virgin Islands Republican caucuses

Delegates: 6 unpledged delegates at stake

Washington State Democratic, Republican caucuses

Democratic participation: Open caucuses, in which any voter can participate, but must declare that he or she is a Democrat.

Delegates: 78 pledged delegates at stake.

The February 19 Washington State primary is a nonbinding beauty contest for Democrats.

Republican participation: Open, so any voter can participate, but must sign a declaration indicating that he or she is a member of the Republican Party and has or will not participate in the 2008 precinct caucus or convention system of any other party.

Delegates: 18 pledged delegates at stake.

Northern Mariana Islands Republican caucuses

Delegates: 6 unpledged delegates at stake.

February 10

Maine Democratic caucuses

Participation: Democrats hold closed primaries. New voters, as well as voters not registered in a political party, may register as Democrats at the caucus.

James

James wrote:

Huckabee has won the Kansas caucuses.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Obama simply CRUSHING Hilary in Wash. and Nebraska. We'll have to wait for Randall to chime in and let us know why this is good for Hlary and means nothing for Obama.

James

James wrote:

Looks like the Clinton's worst case scenario is starting to unfold. Obama just destroyed her in the Nebraska and Washington Caucuses. The nightmare scenario for Clinton camp was for Obama to start sweeping the primaries/caucuses in the final rounds. Looks like that is going to happen. The Obama "surge" is now a reality. He beat her by over 30 percent in both states.

Add to that the fact she is having to loan her own campaign money and staff is having to work for free while Obama rakes in millions a day, as Daddy Bush would say, "She's in deep doo doo".

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Obama also owned Clinton in Louisiana and Virgin Islands. Again, Randall wil surely explain how this is really good for her and bad for him. He'll say they are nothing states. Like Washington with Seattle and Spokane is nothing. Regardless of their size, each state has a vastly different voting makeup, and they all went overwhelmingly to Obama. They also overwhelmingly went Democratic. GOP is getting no one out to these things. It's clear Obama has momentum now and he could carry that right into some states where he's trailing.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Obama will be president. My saying so is fact enough and just as factual as the "arguments" otherwise.

James

James wrote:

He swept all four primaries/caucuses today. If he sweeps the primaries on Tuesday(virgina,maryland,district of Columbia), Hillary has been knocked to the canvas and the ref is at the 8 count.

Its not looking good right now for her.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Haha, good one Bri.  Washington is indeed a good win for Obama.  I presently reside in Seattle and one of my buddies went to the Democratic Caucus for him today and said it was a landslide victory.  But Washington is the only state of importance in this round.  Virgin Islands means ABSOLUTELY nothing.  If Obama picks up Virgina Tuesday, that will be a big win as well.  I still believe it will all come down to Ohio.  If Hillary loses Ohio, I think her campaign will be over.  That being said, I don't see her losing Ohio and I still hold that the super delegates will side with her.  I don't discount Obama's importance, I simply reject this "momentum" many Democrats want to pretend exists.  Obama is a strong candidate, but no bigger or successful than Clinton.  Clinton still leads Obama in the AP delegate count.  Anything can happen, but I still argue Clinton will take it in the end.

James

James wrote:

Oh he clearly has momentum. I used to feel the way you did and believe the Obama train was full of hot air. Its not. When she beats him, she barely does and was supposed to win by large margins. When he beats her, its a total ass kicking. The ONLY thing Hillary has going for her right now is her last name, and that isn't good. We're entering crunch time when a lot of people want to vote for a winner, and with Obama starting to sweep primaries, she is up shit creek.

As far as super delegates go, last night I heard that some of them were already considering switching to Obama. I'll see if I can find an article discussing it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so the delegates are all that matters?

cuz yahoo shows obama leading with 927 delgates over clinton's 880....but it shows that Clinton has the edge in polls 45% - 42% for Obama

Board footer