You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: About a Reunion...

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:

I have to admit, listening to the new Van Halen has got me thinking more about the possibility of a reunited GNR.  Like you said, if VH can do it, most anything is possible.  I just don't think it'd be an easy and quick solution.  We've been given no reason to believe it's anywhere close, so until we are given a reason I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I thought about it when listening to an old Yesterdays clip.

But VH has been trying to get that DLR reunion to happen since 1996. 18

I could see Axl and Slash burying the hatchet, but a full on reunion? Eh... It'd be tricky. And as I said before, things are cool right now, lets see what this line up can do on a record.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

watch this .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9caGXrc … re=related

vs this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh-RFYsZ7e0

that's what we would get.....personally, I want it left as is. However, VH was my first hard rock love and Gnr my second so I am a bit predujiced towards original Diamond and old school Ax.

discuss...very similar situations as Axl and Dave are definitely different compared to their prime but still captivating at the same time.:peace:

and Axl and Dave are from Indiana...pretty cool.

You do know that is how Axl sounds to non Gnr fans right? (way out of tune?).

Axls band is just as big of a train wreck as VH is.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Use Your Delusion I and II by Dave.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No ID, here Dave is completely correct.

Most non-fans listen to a couple YouTube clips of current Axl and laugh their ass off. I had several people pull out of the 2011 U.S. shows, because they saw Axl's awful Rio IV performance. Just a few lines and they were gone, and "i'm not wasting my money on that shit".

Then of course you get them to a show, and suddenly it's "oh my god, greatest show ever".

And at this point with all the shit that's happened, even a firing on all cylinders current GN'R is only gonna have so many fans at it's best.

It's amazing for all of the critically positive reviews of live shows, and a majority positive take on Chinese the album.... Axl and the band are still seen as flops and irrelevant.

"If they just promote more"

True, but it's only gonna get them so far. The casuals checked out years ago. Part of me has always wondered if the GN'R fanbase from 1989-1992 were 80% bandwagon fans too.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yer iv showed my friends them iclips shows and pretty much all of them said turn this shit off telling me i need to get over it axl finished

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly. Alot of GN'R nerds look at it as "well Axl can't sound like he did when he was young".

When you say, well what about [insert name of several rock singers as old or older than Axl]

Then they turn around and say Axl is "very unique" and his case is different.

They kinda start sounding like religion after awhile. roll

misterID

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

No ID, here Dave is completely correct.

Most non-fans listen to a couple YouTube clips of current Axl and laugh their ass off. I had several people pull out of the 2011 U.S. shows, because they saw Axl's awful Rio IV performance. Just a few lines and they were gone, and "i'm not wasting my money on that shit".

Then of course you get them to a show, and suddenly it's "oh my god, greatest show ever".

And at this point with all the shit that's happened, even a firing on all cylinders current GN'R is only gonna have so many fans at it's best.

It's amazing for all of the critically positive reviews of live shows, and a majority positive take on Chinese the album.... Axl and the band are still seen as flops and irrelevant.

"If they just promote more"

True, but it's only gonna get them so far. The casuals checked out years ago. Part of me has always wondered if the GN'R fanbase from 1989-1992 were 80% bandwagon fans too.

Sorry, man. Like MAd said, these are the best reviewed shows I've seen of the new era. These aren't fanboys.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

So u guys hating on Roth's sword stuff but love Bucket's Nun chucks??

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer