You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Katy Perry

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but her albums are already good enough that she could take a year off, then continue to tour the hits for two years, take another year and then all of the sudden you've got an album.

Although people technically count GN'R Lies (which only contained four new tracks), GN'R waited four years before following up AFD.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

yeah yeah Adele is good.  Doesn't make it a Katy who as if she's non existant. By these rights you could say Gaga who? Or Rihanna who? Just because one person is good doesnt' wipe out all the other "arists" to the point they don't matter. Adele's got talent for sure but we'll see what happens on her follow up. Apparently she's said she's taking five years off now to focus on her relationship.  WTF?

I don't blame her. She is a pretty emotional person and I think she has been completely overwhelmed with her success from the last year. I don't think she really knows what to think of it right now. Oh and fuck Katy Perry. Adele's favorite live act ever:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If you want to see the future of music, look no further than Katy Perry. Her singles are massive while no one gives a shit about the albums. The post album era has its first pop star.

She's insane if she doesn't release Peacock as a single.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If you want to see the future of music, look no further than Katy Perry. Her singles are massive while no one gives a shit about the albums. The post album era has its first pop star.

She's insane if she doesn't release Peacock as a single.

I guess you could say that, but since 6 of  her singles off "Teenage Dream" were top 10, can you really say people don't care about the album?

At any rate, I'm a big fan of Katy Perry. Catchy, harmless music. I wish she'd stayed a little bit closer to her almost-rock side, but she's totally gone the pop route.

Can you believe she toured on the Vans Warped tour a couple years ago?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

yeah yeah Adele is good.  Doesn't make it a Katy who as if she's non existant. By these rights you could say Gaga who? Or Rihanna who? Just because one person is good doesnt' wipe out all the other "arists" to the point they don't matter. Adele's got talent for sure but we'll see what happens on her follow up. Apparently she's said she's taking five years off now to focus on her relationship.  WTF?

I don't blame her. She is a pretty emotional person and I think she has been completely overwhelmed with her success from the last year. I don't think she really knows what to think of it right now. Oh and fuck Katy Perry. Adele's favorite live act ever:

I've been hearing songs like that for YEARS in the Woodsongs/Mountain music circles.

It's all good. But it's kinda samey at the same time. You could take 100 artists from that scene, and it'd come across as had Eddie Vedder traveled back to 1882 and played a Bob Dylan cover.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bri, those singles each sell millions but the album only sold 2 million. Each single released sold more than that.

I hated her last album but TD is  pretty damn good. Circle the Drain is a killer song as well.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

I've been hearing songs like that for YEARS in the Woodsongs/Mountain music circles.

It's all good. But it's kinda samey at the same time. You could take 100 artists from that scene, and it'd come across as had Eddie Vedder traveled back to 1882 and played a Bob Dylan cover.

"Samey" is not how I'd describe their vocal harmonies. They are special. Says a lot that someone like Adele loves them IMHO. I recommend checking out their original stuff like "Poison & Wine," "20 Years," or "Barton Hollow." By the way, Eddie Vedder wishes he could sing like those two. HATE that bastard's voice. 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_9lf9owno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI-nbwsir8Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-DB2btV2oQ

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Man than I must've been hearing things for all the folk music shows I heard over the years.

I've heard it before. I never said they weren't good, and my intention was not to go into a "My Dad is cooler than your dad" argument.

Eddie has a very unique voice, for as much as you hate it.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Man than I must've been hearing things for all the folk music shows I heard over the years.

I've heard it before. I never said they weren't good, and my intention was not to go into a "My Dad is cooler than your dad" argument.

Eddie has a very unique voice, for as much as you hate it.

Oh sure he has a unique voice. Doesn't mean it's good. tongue

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah right, Eddie has a very unique, very quality voice. I can tell you haven't listened to many Pearl Jam deep cuts.

Now Kurt Cobain, there's a guy with NO voice. Makes Joey Ramone look like Freddie Mercury.

Board footer